NameSilo

What is the best software for Seo?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi guys,

What is the best software to help with your Seo.. Ie look at competitors keywords, links, etc.. And also best software or tools to run an effective PC campaign on google..

Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No one thing - depends on what tasks you are doing. Here are a few:
Semrush
Majestic
Ahrefs
OSE...
(We will not be talking about "link building" software in this forum, per forum rules. )

PPC campaign on google? Adwords editor is helpful, no other software you need unless you are managing a huge campaign.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks.. just looking to see what tool or tools are best to research competitors keywords and their ppc campaigns etc.. to establish the right keywords to choose.. for our next campaign on google adwords..

•••
It might or might not be helpful to research competitor keywords, what converts for your particular site or business could be very different. Also, the tools which show competitor keywords on Adwords keywords omit local bids (region or city)

I usually start with some "seed" terms that describe the business, feed them into the keyword tool, sometimes feed those in again, add anything I think might be too low profile to show up in stats, then keep a close eye on things (Especially CTR and quality score, and actual keywords if not using exact match) and prune or add keywords and change match types and add negative matches as needed.

(If we're talking only about Adwords I may move this thread to marketing, as that is not SEO.)

•••
SEMrush is what we use for statistics and analysis. It seems to be the most accurate. For an SEO Platform, look at my signature. We have a SEO Reseller program on our effective keyword platform if you're interested.

•••
•••
According to me SEO Moz is best software for seo and Scrap book is for blog comment to find instant approval and relevant blog with high PR.

•••
"Scrap book"????? Those things you glue photos and things in and pretty up with stamps and glitter? No such thing. SEO Moz? That's a web site (actually, just Moz now) - exactly which of their many tools were you suggesting as helpful for an Adwords campaign?

•••
According to me, i prefer google web master tool, analytic and smallseotools.com is a best tool.
For check competitor back link, i prefer back link watch and traffic travis.

•••
Google Analytics tools, Google webmaster tool, Small seo tool, backlinkwatch, Link exchange tools are bets one tools in Search Engine optimization .

•••
•••
There are many SEO tools available on Google. Some of them are paid and some of them are free.

I can't see it as a good advice. Or a bad advice. Or an advice at all.
It's like someone asks me "what time is it?" and i answer "oh there is a lot of hours on the clock, sometimes it's 7pm, sometimes it's 3am" .

•••
Been recommended using Serpbook by SEO people, how not tried it myself yet. Might be useful to you.

•••
Hi guys,

What is the best software to help with your Seo.. Ie look at competitors keywords, links, etc.. And also best software or tools to run an effective PC campaign on google..

Thanks in advance

Your post inspired me to just start a thread haha..

When it comes to SEO tools there are VERY few paid tools that I would recommend to anyone who doesn't have an agency or manage several clients.

Don't get me wrong, there are definitely some extremely useful tools out there. I've used all the fancy paid tools you can think of, and I pay upwards of $600/month for a select few, but there are free tools out there that can provide the everyday SEO with everything they need to be 100% effective.

From a price point, most every seo software is subscription based, meaning you pay monthly to use their services, and they are NOT cheap. So just use these 3 tools and save yourself a whooole bunch of money

1. Adwords

There are some ridiculously high-tech keyword research tools on the market, but they're just as ridiculously expensive. The coolest one IMO is SEcockpit, which is $100/month. I took advantage of their 30 day money back guarantee just so I could see what it was like, and props to them for a great tool, but Google gives you just about all you really need.

Get familiar with the keyword planner section in adwords and you'll be just fine. If you really want to get fancy with long-tails you can play with this free tool on top of using adwords http://ubersuggest.org/

Keyword are simple enough..

2. MozBar

Now install the MozBar toolbar. This is my #1 favorite tool of all time. When it's on, it shows you the competitiveness of any keyword you type into google and a brief summary (DA, PA, # of links) for each website in the google results. This gives you a general idea of the competitiveness for each keyword, but the real magic happens when you go to a website.

On any page at the top you will have your basic DA, PA, mR, # of links, and social activity, but you can press the page analysis button and it gives you a dropdown that breaksdown the entire structure of the on-page SEO. It shows what words are being used in the title tag, meta desctiption, meta keywords, H1s and H2s, which keywords are bolded, and the alt text used on any images.

Then you can see a few details like page load time, the rel= cononical, if there are any 301s, a break down of the link metrics, and what type of markup is being used. Now that you've gathered everything onpage, click on the links info at the top, and it brings you to the Open Site Explorer. Which if you aren't familiar, the most basic funtion of OSE shows you each link that link backs to a site, the anchor text used, and the DA/PA of the site linking back. Pro tip: Your competitors are your best seo source you have. COPY THEM! Check out each backlink they have to find easy opportunities to get links back to your own site.

3. WooRank Toolbar

Honestly MozBar/OSE is all you really need from tools for effective SEO, but there's one more bonus that everyone should have if they aren't confident in their on-site SEO.

Install the WooRank SEO & Website Analysis toolbar, go to your website (or a competitors) and press the icon. It will begin to perform an audit of your website that analyzes tons of different on site ranking factors, and then give you a score for each individual area, how important of a role it plays in your ability to rank, and a recommendation on what you can do to improve it.

It follows most of the standard SEO "best practices" so it's perfect for anyone without tons of hands on experience, but don't feel the need to treat this as a bible, just a general guideline.

That's all you need - right there on your toolbar ready to go the second you need them. And for those who want to venture out past these 3, here are 2 more free tools you can add to create an even more powerful toolbar.

toolbar-png.7684

(in order as pictured above)
1. SEOquake toolbar
2. MozBar
3. WooRank toolbar
4. Majestic Backlink Analyzer

If you're on a budget and do decide to pay for a tool, the industry consensus, as well as mine, is to go with scrapebox. It's a one time payment and it's yours forever. There is a bit of a learning curve, and it does require proxies, but with practice and the thousands of youtube tutorials available there's about a million things you can do with.

Now go get to ranking!

Thanks.. just looking to see what tool or tools are best to research competitors keywords and their ppc campaigns etc.. to establish the right keywords to choose.. for our next campaign on google adwords..

Keyword research on competitors with regards to PPC is somewhat difficult but not really necessary.

There are sites like http://www.ispionage.com/ but they only use estimates, and the results differ among all the other similar tools.

It takes practice and a/b testing to find the sweetspot, but I will say this: MASTER USING NEGATIVE KEYWORDS. If anyone isn't utilizing the negative keywords feature in their PPC campaign, I will guarantee you that you are bleeding money. It's often the difference between an effective campaign and burning your money.

According to me SEO Moz is best software for seo and Scrap book is for blog comment to find instant approval and relevant blog with high PR.

"Scrap book"????? Those things you glue photos and things in and pretty up with stamps and glitter? No such thing. SEO Moz? That's a web site (actually, just Moz now) - exactly which of their many tools were you suggesting as helpful for an Adwords campaign?

I'm almost certain he means scrapebox.
And it's far more useful than just the blog commenting. I've used it thousands of times since I bought it and that's actually just about the only feature I've never used

Here's a quote from how I ended my thread:

"If you're on a budget and do decide to pay for a tool, the industry consensus, as well as mine, is to go with scrapebox. It's a one time payment and it's yours forever. There is a bit of a learning curve, and it does require proxies, but with practice and the thousands of youtube tutorials available there's about a million things you can do with."

Been recommended using Serpbook by SEO people, how not tried it myself yet. Might be useful to you.

I don't know what your role is in SEO, but since you said "SEO people", I don't think serpbook is going to be useful for you. It's a rank tracker so it doesn't help with SEO.

The primary function is for monitoring and reporting. I use it to manage my clients campaigns because it allows you to slice and graph the data and then compile a white label report for our monthly performance meetings.

•••
It takes practice and a/b testing to find the sweetspot, but I will say this: MASTER USING NEGATIVE KEYWORDS. If anyone isn't utilizing the negative keywords feature in their PPC campaign, I will guarantee you that you are bleeding money. It's often the difference between an effective campaign and burning your money.

+1 to that. And not lumping all your keywords into one ad group. And not making everything broad match.

I'm almost certain he means scrapebox.
And it's far more useful than just the blog commenting. I've used it thousands of times since I bought it and that's actually just about the only feature I've never used

I'm sure of it - was just having some fun ;). And yes, it is extremely versatile, and can be used for very "google friendly" types of SEO, despite its reputation as a spam tool.

Last edited:
•••
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance

According to me there are many software for SEO. But the best SEO software is Google Analytic tools, Google Ad words tool, Keywords Planner tool, SEO quake tool, WEBRANK SEO tool these all are the best online SEO tool.

•••
I like WEBCEO. Raven tools is also good

•••
check competitor back links using the backlinkwatch and ahrefs.
Keyword Research using the keyword planner is best one.
website error and analysis using the Google webmaster and Google analysis.

•••
I will prefer you, never use any software in SEO because it can ruin your whole SEO campaign. Manual link-building is the key of success, when you use software for different SEO techniques search engines can easily understand that you are using auto methods and this assessment can destroy your campaign.

•••
I use ahrefs and moz they are good specially ahrefs which crawl more frequently and provides most of the backlinks, you can also see anchor text cloud and quality of every backlink page.

•••
"SEO Powersuite" is a pretty good program which really help you make a successful SEO plan for your website.

•••
I saw mention of Scrapebox here, as a SB user now for 6 years I can tell you it's an awesome tool with a host of free addons for more versatility.

BUT, if you want a real back linking tool, the hands-down winner is GSA Search Ranker. Google it, but don't buy it direct from their website, look for the forum it's featured on a get up to 40% savings on a good package deal.

I'm not affiliated, just a huge fan.

•••
I saw mention of Scrapebox here, as a SB user now for 6 years I can tell you it's an awesome tool with a host of free addons for more versatility.

BUT, if you want a real back linking tool, the hands-down winner is GSA Search Ranker. Google it, but don't buy it direct from their website, look for the forum it's featured on a get up to 40% savings on a good package deal.

You can also screw yourself over royally with GSA if you don't know what you're doing. (It's really a spamming tool, not an seo tool though, so per rules of this section, we won't be discussing the finer points of using it. ;) )

Scapebox though is very useful. List of things I use regularly:

Screaming Frog
GA/GSC
GAKP
Semrush
Majestic / Ahrefs
Serpwoo
Url profiler
Seo tools add on for Excel
Scrapebox
Bright local, Places scout, Yext, Moz local (since I do a lot with local search)

Assorted other tools now and then. No automated link building tools on that list - we do manual / outreach. Our clients have a low risk tolerance and besides its really not necessary unless you're working in a spammy niche or trying to briefly surface an affiliate or lead gen site in a "YMML" category.

•••
You can also screw yourself over royally with GSA if you don't know what you're doing.

LOL, yes you really need to know how to use it I won't lie. However, with the proper settings you can make it less of a spamming tool to be very, very strict about where you post. This gives the drip-feed effect and no backlinks removed.

•••
Yeah, if you know what you're doing it lowers the risk. Still, our clients don't want to be the next JC Penney / BMW / Overstock "deindexed by Google" poster child (and it would be a catastrophe for the smaller ones) so we color within the lines :).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back