Dynadot

What exact date and time are the new TLDs available for purchase?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

buyresaledomains

Established Member
Impact
...and is there a list of the TLDs? Or can you seemingly just make them up. I have one or two that I want to try and grab.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I don't know how you guys operate. Were you joking? Or should I really not give nice google headers like that?

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Who files for these TLDs? Surly not a privateer?

•••
oh im just kidding about the shhhh part.. people around here think the gTLD's will all be massive failures is why i said that.

yes new companies, established ones like google are applying, amazon, etc.. click that link i included it gives the entire list that was applied for the first time applications opened. something like 1,900 TLD's were originally applied for..

•••
The exact time and date is: July 1st, 2013 at 4:19:44

Good luck.

•••
There is no exact day and time. The releases will be staggered.

The reality is it will be several years until the best generics are actually available for registration.

The best extensions are in contention, have objections, legal issues, and are at the back of the queue.

The Department of Commerce or other government agencies could also get involved at any time.
ICANN learned this when their no-bid contract with Verisign was rejected by the DOC and the price increases were stripped.

There are also legal issues with handing closed generics to companies like Google and Amazon. There has been enough public and business backlash to that idea that government agencies are likely to get involved if ICANN moves forward with that plan.

This game is not in the 4th quarter like some proponents would lead you to believe.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back