IT.COM

Using Wordpress For Landers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dtagr

Chris StephensonTop Member
Impact
I've had some time on my hands of late and I've begun to make landers for my portfolios using free WP themes and Hostgator. I'm looking for some feedback on their effectiveness. So far I've created 2:

MortgageApproved.ca
Diveschool.ca

Both are also listed at Sedo so its kind of really a lander pointing to the Sedo offer page. I think they both look better than the stock Sedo pages and aren't cluttered with junk ads.

I appreciate all comments/suggestions/feedback.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think you should work a bit on the design.
Landing pages now are clean and have responsive designs.

•••
Diveschool:
One thing is to eliminate the sidebar.
Easy to do in wordpress.
Same with the search bar.
Will make your lander a lot cleaner for sure...

Mortgageapproved:
Eliminate the footer.
Easy to do.
Same with search bar.
Same with the sidebar.
Same with the reply forum.

•••
•••
I'm looking for a single page lander, with a full page background picture, and text floating on top, and it must fully responsive (so that the text is adjusted depending on screen size. No footers, headers, sidebars, etc. Anyone seen something that will do the job? I'm not a programmer, so looking for a simple solution.
Cheers!

•••
•••
I did something similar

AtlantaLED in the king. check it out

•••
I think you should also actually mention that the actual domain name is for sale. On both your landers it doesn't clearly say the domain name is for sale. I know it's obvious to most of us Domainers but it might not be that obvious to a end user.....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back