Dynadot

.tv US.tv HAS BEEN SOLD!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
US.tv HAS BEEN SOLD!!!

Just thought I would let everyone know that after a good round of negotiations the name US.tv has been sold (and monies received) this week.

The buyer does not want to disclose their name or the amount it was purchased for. But I am very happy and I wish them well.

The only information I can supply is that the buyer is NOT Simon Cowell and the funds for the name came from Asia.

I would like to give a big thank you to Donnied79 for his incredible help in acting as a neutral middle man during the sale. His efforts enabled the negotiations, sale, and transfer of name and funds to go so incredibly smoothly.

In further developments I would like to mention that a second deal has also been made - this time to Donnied79 himself for LIVERPOOL.tv - I knew this was a name he always wanted and his help in the US.tv deal made it a reality.

I would also like to convey my great thanks to TheDotStop for his recent purchase of ELECTRICIAN.tv from me
- the price is not important for this sale other than to say it was the price the buyer wanted to spend and the seller wanted to sell - and it helped put the name in the hands of a great guy.

A final sale worth noting is that of ED.tv which I recently sold to a very nice Canadian buyer.

I know there was a lot of talk about US.tv over the years, and the name did have two fairly significant offers in the past (plus dozens of small offers) but I was eventually persuaded to sell after a recent personal incident which made me realise that I was at ‘that’ point. That far off day in the future when you think you would like to start using your digital assets to acquire the money for some of the nicer things in life - like a bit of travel, your family or hobbies.

(or knowing most of the people here the day when you want to swap names for wine, women, fast cars, church and charity - although not necessarily in that order!)

For those who are interested, the sale of US.tv now signifies that I am very much in the SELL mode and will aim to reduce my portfolio from the 825 names it presently stands at to less than 25 over the next couple of years. I told everyone all along I was a developer over domainer - and now I have the names I want for the new phase of life.

And yes, this does mean that I will be happy to listen to offers for some of my better .tv names such as MUSIC and SCHOOL, even DEUTSCHLAND and STUDENT

I will put names up for sale as and when I feel the time is right, but among those I am happy to discuss right now will be:

microphones (tv), selfbuild (tv), script (tv), estateagency (tv), narrowboat (tv), association (tv), celebs (tv), breathe (tv), charities (tv), nuclear (tv), cruising (tv), mums (tv), walk (tv), poems (tv), clock (tv), gymnasium (tv), incentive (tv), bowl (tv), funding (tv), translation (tv), interesting (tv), competition (tv), puzzles (tv), julia (tv), stefan (tv), communications (tv), saints (tv), highstreet (tv), kultur (tv), wirtschaft (tv), zahnarzt (tv), khan (tv), bookclub (tv), weekend (tv), writers (tv), pilots (tv), recruitment (tv), fruit (tv), superstars (tv), telecoms (tv), oap (tv), heritage (tv), stunt (tv), joking (tv), jeweller (tv), confidential (tv), pensioner (tv), sheds (tv), menopause (tv), migraine (tv), days (tv), list (tv), conservatory (tv), canals (tv), stationery (tv), gardener (tv), experts (tv), motorist (tv), louisville (tv), edinburgh (tv), cambridge (tv), salisbury (tv), yorkshire (tv), warwick (tv), somerset (tv), dorset (tv), hastings (tv), iow (tv), norwich (tv), york (tv), newcastle (tv), cumbria (tv), derbyshire (tv), lakedistrict (tv), iom (tv), portsmouth (tv), bolton (tv), windsor (tv), southampton (tv), plymouth (tv), stoke (tv), hairdressing (tv), weddingday (tv), kualalumpur (tv), milk (tv), motorists (tv), heizung (tv), ukn (tv), volunteers (tv), factual (tv), update (tv), kennel (tv), brussels (tv), features (tv), surveyor (tv), start-up (tv), konferenz (tv), rivercruise (tv), surveyors (tv), pensioners (tv), estateagent (tv), buytolet (tv), parking (tv), co-op (tv), belong (tv), quotation (tv), climbers (tv), companion (tv), scarlet (tv), supermarkets (tv), bidder (tv), sweatshirt (tv), display (tv), electronics (tv), hairdresser (tv), optician (tv), lads (tv), dementia (tv), expat (tv), recycling (tv), fostering (tv), ukv (tv), hottub (tv), pubguide (tv), holidayhome (tv), houseplans (tv), hayfever (tv), pubquiz (tv), forecourt (tv), bing (tv), classiccar (tv), fireservice (tv), filmclip (tv), filmclips (tv), onthisday (tv), americanfootball (tv), filmcrew (tv), rounders (tv), tiles (tv), locksmiths (tv), visitor (tv), choir (tv), funeraldirector (tv), cvs (tv), croquet (tv), wnr (tv), dailybusiness (tv), planthire (tv), toolhire (tv), midwife (tv), council (tv), publicrelations (tv), diabetes (tv), natural (tv), caravan (tv), telephone (tv), advert (tv), patient (tv), gardeners (tv), bowls (tv), survey (tv), ticket (tv), journalist (tv), accountant (tv), chemist (tv), jewellery (tv), building (tv), parkinsons (tv), resume (tv), encyclopedia (tv), waterways (tv), classiccars (tv), confectionery (tv), cushion (tv), publishers (tv), journalists (tv), graphic (tv), three (tv), expert (tv).

The sale of US.tv, of course, now means that I no longer have plans to use the name as the channel name for my proposed travel across the US filming all the quirky things I see along the way in a reverse (and televisual) version of Bill Bryson’s ‘Note From A Small Island’. How lucky the world has just been made!

Good domains are winning lottery tickets with the dates missing!

Thank you and good luck to all.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
James, it has been a real pleasure (as always) making business with you.
I'm happy we've found a deal that is satisfactory for you and for the buyer.. And I also love Liverpool.tv
There are a lot of amazing domains in your portfolio and I think you'll be able to sell a lot of them in a quick amount of time

•••
Congrats on your sale! It would be interesting to hear about your .TV development projects.

•••
That's terrific and inspiring. Your foresight with those registrations could not have been better. Congrats and best of luck selling your remaining assets. You sound like a great person.

Best of luck!

•••
Congrats! That was a really nice name.

•••
James, US.tv thats friggen awesome!
I know you did very very well since that was your baby.
Congrats brother!

And of course, thanks again for connecting me back with my baby once again! :)

•••
ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding.....
Ladies and Gentlemen, We have a Winner!

Outstanding! Congratulations, James :)
Now enjoy the fruits of your foresight and labor.

Peace,
Kenny

•••
•••
Wow @GoneWalkabout

Awesome read and really inspiring.

I am also a developer/internet marketer first and domainer second so seeing you do what you are doing is refreshing, inspiring and a reminder for me to get my @ss into gear and keep grinding :)

Thanks for sharing...

All the best with your up and coming adventures :)

•••
Congrats Jimbo, and to Donnied as well! Well deserved my friend:)) I guess you now have the money to buy my UK.tv(lol) or the beers when we meet again in La Jolla, etc. Great job!

•••
That's terrific and inspiring. now thats called a deal. Also it must have been sold for a high price (US.tv). Can you some brief on how to negotiate with these type of deals ?

Best of luck!

•••
"Good domains are winning lottery tickets with the dates missing!"

Great quote! Congrats on the sale!

•••
can you disclose the range of the us.tv sold price?

•••
can you disclose the range of the us.tv sold price?
well, hc.tv just sold for 13k...so us.tv...well probably 15 times that...so I would guess around 200k. :)

•••
well, hc.tv just sold for 13k...so us.tv...well probably 15 times that...so I would guess around 200k. :)

yes I own hi.tv, so guessing how much should I ask for if there are offers/ inquiries coming in

•••
eastern-global-logo.png

•••
A great sale that demonstrates patience pays.
The Asia market is definitely interested in the .tv extension
Cheers

•••
•••
Can I just note that Vito, who we've all known as TheDotStop for years has now rebranded as Media Branding.

I'm not around as much as I used to be and I didn't realise the change when I first wrote my post and thanked 'TheDotStop' for purchasing Electrician.tv from me.

So, as I can't edit my post, at least I can make a correct update. It should have read:

I would also like to convey my great thanks to Vito from Media Branding for his recent purchase of ELECTRICIAN.tv from me
- the price is not important for this sale other than to say it was the price the buyer wanted to spend and the seller wanted to sell - and it helped put the name in the hands of a great guy.

This may seem trivial, but if you are going to thank someone, it is always best to do it correctly - and Vito has always been a solid guy.

Finally, thank you to the many people who have either liked the post (589 as I write this) or got in touch with congratulations or offers on some of my other names. It has been nice to hear from some old friends, and one or two old sparring partners from back in the day.

I must say, I do miss the days when the .TV section was full every day under the leadership of Ray - it was so full of creativity, ideas, arguments and possibilities for .tv
Some of the things we looked forward to a decade ago did come true and some fell by the wayside, but one thing for sure did happen - the .tv owners matured along with the market they worked in.

We may not necessarily need a .tv section any more but that doesn't stop me raising a thought every now and then to some of the great guys who, although no longer around, made it such fun to be involved with on a regular basis.

As I mentioned in my original post, I am looking to reduce my portfolio size. And, of course, I am always happy to swear, ignore, and advise people what I think of their parentage when they offer less than $100 for names like MUSIC (tv)!
(In reality, of course, I'm actually lovely and polite whether dealing with low ballers or high rollers!)

As my original tagline said here on NP a decade ago - Have Happy Days!

•••
As I mentioned in my original post, I am looking to reduce my portfolio size. And, of course, I am always happy to swear, ignore, and advise people what I think of their parentage when they offer less than $100 for names like MUSIC (tv)!

I can offer 110$ for Music.tv.
Offer not negotiable and ivalid for 24hrs only. Payment via Amazon gift card

•••
James,

Yes, those were the good ole days.
Thank you for the shoutout brother!
It always helps when trying to change names from building a rep that is almost a decade old to something brand new.

I raise DonnieD's $110 offer for music to $115. That's my final offer. :)

"and advise people what I think of their parentage"
Had to think twice about this one. Classic. lol

•••
Vito,

Really love the new name and the new ava / logo.
Big boy stuff, for a big boy domainer.

(sorry to go O/T but James opened the door) ;)

Peace,
Kenny

•••
Congratulations! Great sale!
I have tutoring.tv for sale.
Thank you

•••
Congratulations on the selling of US.tv :)
Wish me luck on my sale for a very very similiar hyphenated domain: U-S.tv
Thank you

Last edited:
•••
Congrats... You've got some nice .tv names..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back