domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
"the lord needed a registar"
says Rob...

and the omnipotent God
found one : epik

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Rob is the reason I tried out Epik. After using the platform and seeing his activity on namepros, I don't see myself using any other registrar. This video just increases my respect for him.

•••
Rob is the reason I tried out Epik. After using the platform and seeing his activity on namepros, I don't see myself using any other registrar. This video just increases my respect for him.

it's always good to find like-minded people

that's why I use namepros

•••

have you heard of Adam Dicker?

he was a good guy
always tried to help other domainers

until ....suddenly...

personally I learned a lot from Adam
unfortunately
I wasted a lot of money
based on that "knowledge"

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the Laugh Frank. my eyes were watering when the Evangelists turned-up on the other thread..

And God said let there be Profit Then one off the Prophets said, But we've already used that word, Ok says God we'll go for a 'Sound alike' Typo

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the Laugh Frank. my eyes were watering when the Evangelists turned-up on the other thread..

And God said let their be Profit Then one off the Prophets said, But we've already used that word, Ok says God well go for a 'Sound alike' Typo

LOL

Prophet
Profit

is the .com taken????

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
oh my God

how come you know?

It was a logical conclusion. ;)

Though now I am beginning to wonder if you were acting out of righteousness in your criticism of others or was there some other agenda involved.

Last edited:
•••
It was a logical conclusion. ;)

Though now I am beginning to wonder if you were acting out of righteousness in your criticism of others or was there some other agenda involved.

what is your logic exactly?

•••
I honestly think disruption in this space is needed, I can see Rob is a very passionate guy when it comes to domains, everything from losing money giving $5.99 transfers, to personally answering basic support emails at all hours of the night. He is up against the big guys who have billions to splash around when it comes to M&A’s, and marketing yet he continues to push forward with a one stop buy/sell, lease, payment process, park registry. He is making it easier for the little guy to even the playing
field.

From the gab point of view, being an early adopter online, I see how everyone is running to regulate, and supervise the internet from a regulatory point of view now that it controls the bulk of vital commerce, and communication. So he is keen to keep it open, and free is what makes it viable, once you start regulating this, and that it takes a step back. Unfortunately for him the media loves a villain for it’s headlines, and during this hyper sensitive time he kind of stepped into something that was a polarizing issue around the world, and maybe he learned from it how to be a bit more defensive, and corporate about it going forward.

I believe his speech about religion is more of his story where he kind of opens up at namepros about his personal life at namepros, rather than the closed off CEO types. Which is fine, we all have a right to our beliefs, but my main hesitation to moving names to Epik has always been the concern it’s been actively shopped around for sale, or exit. It’s a time consuming task to run all these extensions, regulations, filings, etc... I wouldn’t blame him, especially given the space will probably need to consolidate eventually.

If Epik is profitable I would advise him maybe take it public, and give people at namepros a chance to invest in a place where they buy, and sell their domains. Given he is majority owner, something he would need to decide, but if would open up a lot of capital for him to really build, and expand the company quicker.

Sorry a bit off topic, but if anyone had tried to use escrow lately, or seen how other operators are shortening grace windows, or adding monthly discount fees, you got to appreciate a disruptive player like Epik who continues to go against the grain. It will take the support of the community to keep it in place. Whether you like, or hate the guy for gab, or that other video incident in New Zealand you have to respect what he is doing in this space for the little guy domainer, he is giving most a fighting chance to stay, and grow in the domain industry. I would try to block out the noise as a CEO he is always going to get judged a bit more harsh, but he is more your ally in this space then enemy, as domains get more valuable you will see the bigger registers squeezing a lot harder to get a piece of your hard earned pie.

As for the god part we all go thru things in life, and come out of it with a different vision, purpose, or inspiration. Someone like Rob could probably offload Epik, and sit by the lake, and comfortably retire, and do nothing for the rest of his life, but that’s not what drives him, we all have something that drives us, and if he has found a higher calling leading him the way, more power to him, I don’t see how domainers stand to lose by him continuing to push forward in this space, and innovate sales, development, crypto, parking, and leasing applications.

Last edited:
•••
I honestly think disruption in this space is needed, I can see Rob is a very passionate guy when it comes to domains, everything from losing money giving $5.99 transfers, .

netsol seems to be even more passionate
-->$1 USD promos<<--

•••

Attachments

• NetSol.jpg
    NetSol.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 273
•••
netsol seems to be even more passionate
-->$1 USD promos<<--
Fair enough, but these kind of registers like
namebright etc... if you want to sell, and get paid via PayPal, crypto quickly don’t allow for a quick closing. Netsol 3 days for auth code, and 5 days for transfer out, and which point your buyer is AWOL is not always the best option. Yet $1 is a great advantage to register a lot of names, with lots of upside, and not much cost downside if you have the patience to go thru that process. I see many here on namepros do maximize it, and worst case scenario they still get $10-$20 for those domains. We all know the cost is close to $8 with payment processing fees for the registers. So if someone with 10,000 domains utilizes a Epik $5.99 transfer in promo, they have effectively saved themselves $25-$30K for one year, that’s a free car. You will never find that anywhere else that offers bulk auth codes, without further headaches on transfer out. We just saw Uniregistry change the grace period of 40 days which they championed to get new accounts, to 30 days, and have registrants 1 week to comply. Who doesn’t love a longer grace, more upside to decide on so so names.

We all know Godaddy is just to big to really care, they are going to do what they going to do, not much you can do about it. Namesilo, Dynadot have made some good strides. Moniker has gone the way of the dodo bird, porkbun seems to offer very low prices, no frill type services, but these discount operators are always on the cusp of doing something crazy once their bottom line gets to thin.

My last 2 escrow transactions went not so good, one was the sellers country got put on a sanctions list, took forever to get a refund, and the last was the buyer failed to log back in after transfer, and accept, took 3 weeks to close out the transaction.

Godaddy has no instant checkout option without giving up 20%, even if you bring your own lead. Dan is still growing, but could do better if they owned their own register. Often times I had buyers out of China who are well funded, but can’t find a payment channel, Epik allows UnionPay which does help close deals with such buyers.

So my point is those CEO’s make calls fat affect pricing, and policy, but never come here and own up to the music. At lest with Rob if he does anything he comes here and has tonface the music of his customers with, it without consequence, he is accessible.

Trust me I’m not a fan boy, there are things I don’t like such as 15 day grace, as domainers we all need to decide on names we love, that don’t get much traffic, or inquires to see if we can give them another year, sometimes having another 15 days to decide doesn’t hurt.

Last edited:
•••
Fair enough, but these kind of registers like
namebright etc... if you want to sell, and get paid via PayPal, crypto quickly don’t allow for a quick closing. Netsol 3 days for auth code, and 5 days for transfer out, and which point your buyer is AWOL is not always the best option. Yet $1 is a great advantage to register a lot of names, with lots of upside, and not much cost downside if you have the patience to go thru that process. I see many here on namepros do maximize it, and worst case scenario they still get $10-$20 for those domains. We all know the cost is close to $8 with payment processing fees for the registers. So if someone with 10,000 domains utilizes a Epik $5.99 transfer in promo, they have effectively saved themselves $25-$30K for one year, that’s a free car. You will never find that anywhere else that offers bulk auth codes, without further headaches on transfer out. We just saw Uniregistry change the grace period of 40 days which they championed to get new accounts, to 30 days, and have registrants 1 week to comply. Who doesn’t love a longer grace, more upside to decide on so so names.

We all know Godaddy is just to big to really care, they are going to do what they going to do, not much you can do about it. Namesilo, Dynadot have made some good strides. Moniker has gone the way of the dodo bird, porkbun seems to offer very low prices, no frill type services, but these discount operators are always on the cusp of doing something crazy once their bottom line gets to thin.

My last 2 escrow transactions went not so good, one was the sellers country got put on a sanctions list, took forever to get a refund, and the last was the buyer failed to log back in after transfer, and accept, took 3 weeks to close out the transaction.

Godaddy has no instant checkout option without giving up 20%, even if you bring your own lead. Dan is still growing, but could do better if they owned their own register. Often times I had buyers out of China who are well funded, but can’t find a payment channel, Epik allows UnionPay which does help close deals with such buyers.

So my point is those CEO’s make calls fat affect pricing, and policy, but never come here and own up to the music. At lest with Rob if he does anything he comes here and has tonface the music of his customers with, it without consequence, he is accessible.

Trust me I’m not a fan boy, there are things I don’t like such as 15 day grace, as domainers we all need to decide on names we love, that don’t get much traffic, or inquires to see if we can give them another year, sometimes having another 15 days to decide doesn’t hurt.

just for the records:

I don't register with GoDaddy, when I can avoid it

I don't register with Netsol -
I've done it but I never will again
$1 USD is too expensive with those guys

•••
I'm missing an audience in the video
maybe it's just me wondering..

.. but who are the folks listening
to a registrar telling his very personal story

"an evening with Rob"
"let's go and hear him talk"

in a .. what "theater?"
and they make no noise ..

and aren't shown.

Like I said on Rob's thread that started all this:

The camera wasn't panning around, so it wouldn't show the audience. A quiet audience. There was some clapping at the end - but that could've been added in after, so no real proof there.

The video shows the Mid Atlantic Reformation Society put the conference on, so I checked their site. Rob's listed there as one of the guest speakers: https://futureofchristendom.org/2019-speakers/

•••
Like I said on Rob's thread that started all this:

The camera wasn't panning around, so it wouldn't show the audience. A quiet audience. There was some clapping at the end - but that could've been added in after, so no real proof there.

The video shows the Mid Atlantic Reformation Society put the conference on, so I checked their site. Rob's listed there as one of the guest speakers: https://futureofchristendom.org/2019-speakers/

maybe they thought:
"when I keep quiet, he may finish fast.."

who actually likes to listen to a guy
talking about wonderfull he is?

Last edited:
•••
•••
what is your logic exactly?

Your criticism of Holocaust deniers made me think that you were on the side of good, I even defended you when one of your posts about them had been deleted in one of the discussions. Now I am beginning to think that you like to inject poison into any discussion that does not agree with your political, religious, and racial beliefs and agendas. Ridiculing the religious beliefs of others just because they believe in a higher power is wrong and is only done by those who have dictatorial ambitions and who consider themselves to be the higher power.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Your criticism of Holocaust deniers made me think that you were on the side of good, I even defended you when one of your posts about them had been deleted in one of the discussions. Now I am beginning to think that you like to inject poison into any discussion that does not agree with your political, religious, and racial beliefs. Ridiculing the religious beliefs of others just because they believe in a higher power is wrong and is only done by those who have dictatorial ambitions and who consider themselves to be the higher power.

IMO

and all this leads you to the conclusion
that God believes in me???????

•••
•••
.. Now I am beginning to think that you like to inject poison into any discussion that does not agree with your political, religious, and racial beliefs and agendas. Ridiculing the religious beliefs of others just because they believe in a higher power is wrong and is only done by those who have dictatorial ambitions and who consider themselves to be the higher power.

IMO

.. this is my thread

•••
and all this leads you to the conclusion
that God believes in me???????

Yes, as I said at the time you seemed to be on the side of good, God still believes in you if you keep staying on the side of good.

IMO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back