Dynadot

sales Sold AutonomousRetail .com for $25000 a 2 years hand reg

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joseph CA

AutonomousTech.comTop Member
Impact
The domain was dropped in 2019 and I had it registered within hours.

Was contacted by a Godaddy broker.
I did a little research and found that the .tech and .org version was recently registered by MarkMonitor on behalf of Amazon

I offered the domain for $75k
Buyer offered $15k
A little back and forth…
We agreed on $25,000
Transaction completed.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Congrats on really great sale, and thanks for sharing about the negotiation with us.
-Bob

•••
Congrats on really great sale, and thanks for sharing about the negotiation with us.
-Bob
@Bob Hawkes thank you, and part of this sale is a result of learning from talented investors like you. I wish our time and money keeps paying off… :$::)

Last edited:
•••
Really great to hear that you sold hand reg at this much price !! It again proves that study, patience and experience counts in domaining .. Congrats bro and best luck for next big hunting. :xf.smile:

•••
Super cool!! I do not know about most here, but I still do hand-register names once in a while. There are decent names being dropped every day! Congrats on the flip!!!

•••
•••
•••
•••
Congrats for the sale! Very well done!

And well guessed who the buyer could be. The .tech is registered at Comlaude, same as the .com

Last edited:
•••
•••
Buyer is Amazon.
I thought buyers such as Amazon, Google, & FB never counter your asking price but pay whatever you requested. :)))

•••
I thought buyers such as Amazon, Google, & FB never counter your asking price but pay whatever you requested. :)))
Lol. Few years ago I sold a domain name for 5k after weeks of negotiation with an agent only to find out months later that the buyer was Google. I learned from that.

Last edited:
•••
Automated- stuff getting popular, because either we will become robots, or we won't be needed.
Aliens coming for vacation, and some cleaning had to be done.

Last edited:
•••
Nice job! Most people would have taken the $15k without countering. Nice to see some fundamentals lol. Nice sale.

I would take $ 15000 for a two year hand reg. Maybe you are rich and don't need the money. I do. Couldn't give a rat's arse who the buyer is. Money is money.

Last edited:
•••
cool ,i have Pilotless.com
Hope someday there is a autonomous tech company will notice it...
Or you could start that company.

•••
Lol. Few years ago I sold a domain name for 5k after weeks of negotiation with an agent only to find out months later that the buyer was Google. I learned from that.
What did you learn?

•••
I usually got Godaddy broker came in with smaller amount of offer, after I countered with my price, they rejected and it's getting silent. ...
All depends what you need the money for and how urgent it is. If you need to buy a $ 10000 work delivery truck and somebody offers you $ 10000 for your domain then you sell the domain name and buy the truck. I think most people on the forum need the money but a few are rich and can wait for " the right offer " whatever that is.

•••
•••
Autonomously if I may add

•••
All depends what you need the money for and how urgent it is. If you need to buy a $ 10000 work delivery truck and somebody offers you $ 10000 for your domain then you sell the domain name and buy the truck. I think most people on the forum need the money but a few are rich and can wait for " the right offer " whatever that is.
Turnover is always important even for moral.

•••
That's really awesome. Rare for a hand reggae :tightlyclosedeyes: you must know what you're doing! Same as that invest//reit sail

•••
@Joseph CA
Congratulations! great sale for two year old hand reg. Btw, if the buyer is that bezos company, they could have easily blinked $75k but still superb sale...
Besides,
Thanks a lot for sharing all the knowledge and writing about your other domains.
All the best for your Autonomous projects/domains

•••
@Joseph CA
Congratulations! great sale for two year old hand reg. Btw, if the buyer is that bezos company, they could have easily blinked $75k but still superb sale...
Besides,
Thanks a lot for sharing all the knowledge and writing about your other domains.
All the best for your Autonomous projects/domains
Thank you.

•••
They don't come directly to you.They use middlemen most times to buy domains because they know the effect it will have on the prices if you find out that it's them buying the domain name.

•••
I went down to 50k but buyer sticked at 15k
Buy stated that 15k was there maximum.
Broker suggest to take the 15K since the buyer is ‘growing a cold feet’ and may back out. I reply to the broker with a condition to the buyer: $25k final and if the transaction is not completed with 48 hours, to please close the inquiry to save everyone the time.
The broker came back with good news… lol :$::-D
May I ask your commission costs?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back