Domain Empire

showcase Showcase your .Bot names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi DN folks,

As some of you are aware Amazon launched .BOT Domain for Artificial Intelligence and yesterday was the General Availability day.
Did you catch some nice ones or did you pass this opportunity?

I was tempted to try it, there are most single names priced as premium.

I have just two DNs:

AIRO.BOT
AIChat.Bot

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Pass, dot-BOT is kinda dumb! Not regg'ing anything that's making Amazon money.

•••
I was briefly tempted. But I'm not sure the term 'bot' will stand the test of time, plus .ai and keywordai.com have this area covered.

•••
•••
Will start off with 2. I won't pay for premium. Got these 2:

download (1).jpg

download.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Went home and saw my robot vacuum so naturally…. Likely will make this a blog for now. Last registration for me I think.

Attachments

• IMG_6251.png
    IMG_6251.png
    104 KB · Views: 60
•••
.BOT won't reach the heights of .AI, but it could def fill a niche.
I input over 100 keywords ...all were taken
I did find a good one avail but it's 3250 USD reg fee which also will be its renewal fee prevented me

I'm surprised this extension has gotten so many registrations with little fanfare
Is its popularity due to being run by Amazon,com -- I don't think so when you think .AI has become so popular and it's basically run by one man in the Angulla Islands -- he is highly competent and tech wizard so that helps

•••
It seems like an interesting domain, but all domains I checked were either taken (registered since ~2020) or marked as premium (couple thousand each), so it's a waste of time as usual with nTLDs. (Still better than a waste of money I guess.)

Additionally, the registration and renewal price is quite hefty, you could have 6 coms for the price of one bot, wow.

PS. Some (good) names don't exist (per whois) but are marked as taken (not premium), maybe amazon reserved them for themselves?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Here’s a recent acquisition:

Robotic.bot

Prediction: .bot is likely going to be leveraged by Amazon as a ‘network TLD’ of sorts. Think along the lines of .bot domains affording special access to AWS (Amazon Web Services) technology and more. Hence, the above average registration/renewal fees etc. As always, some here will disagree; but the power Amazon has to use domains as a ticket into their tech ecosystem shouldn’t be discounted.

👤Mel
QUAD | Mainnet

Attachments

• IMG_1727.png
    802.4 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
•••
Hi, we have:

BETS.BOT
BLOCKCHAINS.BOT
CLOUDS.BOT
CRYPTOS.BOT
CYBERSECURITYS.BOT
HOLIDAYS.BOT
PRIVATE.BOT
VACATIONS.BOT

•••
Retirement...bot
Management....bot.

•••
I really like some of these new .bot domains! I do think that .ai has covered the Ai niche but the .bot does give us another option. I was able to register hourly*bot. Congrats to those who were able to get the Ai, Chat, and related keywords! Much success in your future sales.

•••
Waiting for more registrars to come, maybe they'll discount reg fee for a while during all these black friday sales and holiday season.
@Porkbun @enetwork (spaceship) any plans to add .bot domains soon?

Last edited:
•••
Waiting for more registrars to come, maybe they'll discount reg fee for a while during all these black friday sales and holiday season.
@Porkbun @enetwork (spaceship) any plans to add .bot domains soon?

I registered at Dynadot for $55 something

•••
Chap.bot

(Taken 101 Extensions)

•••
•••
Nearly all of Dynadot's pricing is wrong did you get the name you ordered?
Wonderin' that too, I was surprised x.bot is only $55.99, while namecheap showing $6,500.

•••
Wonderin' that too, I was surprised x.bot is only $55.99, while namecheap showing $6,500.
Nearly all of Dynadot's pricing is wrong did you get the name you ordered?

I forgot to mention that. I also tried purchasing x.bot but they refunded it right away haha.
Dynadot is not accurately reflecting premium domain prices for .bot as of right now.
You need to check the price on https://www.encirca.com/#
Then register non-premium on Dynadot. This will save you $12.99 USD
If your account has enough balance in it for a premium domain, I am not sure if they'll be able to process the domain still. So for any premiums, I suggest still buying on encirca.

•••
Tried to reg MachineLearning.bot and DeepLearning.bot but they were reserved by the registry, so went to DataScience, surprised it's available.

•••
The price is a bit expensive.
So I signed up for one.
withai.bot

•••
Tried to register a few with Dynadot at $55 a piece but is showing Pending Approval. Doesn't appear to be the accurate price, doubt they will go through.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back