Dynadot

Saddam: Iraq Set to Fight US Anywhere in the World

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Looks like the US and Iraq will be going to war.

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraqi President Saddam Hussein said on Sunday Iraq was ready to fight the United States anywhere in the world if Washington launched a war.

"When the enemy opens the war on a large scale it should realize that the battle between us will be waged wherever there is sky, earth and water anywhere in the world," Saddam was quoted by state-run Iraqi media as telling a group of military officers.

Iraqi Foreign Minister Naji Sabri said Baghdad was ready for war within the hour and had trained tens of thousands of "martyrs" to fight Americans.

Baghdad's defiant messages were issued as President Bush met close allies Britain and Spain and declared Monday a final day of diplomacy to resolve the Iraq crisis.

Read Full Story here:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=586&e=2&cid=586&u=/nm/20030316/wl_nm/iraq_saddam_dc

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You know, I totally disagree with Bush's stance on this war, but I must say Saddam Hussein has never heard that song "you gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run"

Sometimes you also have to know when the world's opinion on this war is beneficial to you and you can just keep your mouth shut.

=P

•••
well after 12 years, he should have already gotten rid of the nuclear weapons that are in Iraq, but seeing that he hasn't , I feel that this whole extended week for him to do so, has been a waste of time. According to a military analyst on CNN today, Saddam is prepaired to have women and children human chains again this time. I know that if they don't do as Saddam say's that they will be put to death anyway, but if the United States is going to war with Saddam, then this time finish the job. Don't let his cowardly ways by hiding behind women and children stop the process. The United States along with other countries lost many men, women, and children on September 11, 2001, and the reply that Saddam had to that was to scoff and laugh. Sorry I know it sounds harsh and human life is so precious, but in order for us to have peace there has to be war, and there are going to be many people lose their lives, but in order to prevent a Nuclear war, both North Korea and Iraq have to be stopped. If not, then September 11th will happen all over again, but this time it will be alot worse. ]=

I know I'm babbling on and on and I'm not one who likes war, but honestly this has to stop, reguardless if we like it or not, Bush is the person who is in control of our country, so there for there is nothing that any of us can do other than wait for the outcome. I know myself there are many friends that I have who are already over in Kuwait, and there is a chance I may never see them again. So myself if we go to war, then I support Bush's decision.

•••
• U.S. officials said Monday that there is "recent" and "fresh" evidence that Iraq is planning to use chemical weapons, perhaps against U.S. forces or Iraqi citizens. Officials said they have information that Republican Guard units south of Baghdad have been issued chemical munitions but have no direct evidence. There is also growing concern that some Iraqi artillery units near the Kuwaiti border can fire shells filled with chemical weapons.

this is enough to let anyone know that he doesn't care for human life, not even the lives of his own people. Especially if he would use chemical weapons on Iraqi's :(

•••
Not only does he not have nuclear weapons. It's impossible for him to make them.

www.accuracy.org/bush/

www.accuracy.org/iraq/

As for using chemical weapons on Iraquis, he used them on Kurds, which he's never been able to control. These are not in any sense his own citizens. On top of this, he used chemical weapons supplied by us, and at that point we were his allies in full knowledge of him using it. We even blocked the U.N. by putting out false information saying it was Iran who did this.

When will people understand this?

Saddam Hussein is an evil man, but american allies are currently breaking more U.N. resolutions. He is also a coward. He'll only attack countries who have no western allies and only when he has the backing of the United States. Which was the case up through his attack on Kuwait. At that point International opinion went against Iraq, and we flipped sides.

•••
Honnestly, i didn't read all this... i live in canada... and right now all that matters is that canada is not going to fight saddam.
The reason i replied is that this topic when on this long and nobody bothered to mention that the name of that song that pistol was refering to is called The Gambler by Kenny Rodgers :)

•••
hah, thank you, nick ^_^

I'd also like to add that although Bush says there's no evidence of this, no less than ten idependant reports have said that almost half a million children allready die because of the trade embargos we've enforced on iraq.

in all cases, we, and our allies are just as guilty, especially israel, who's broke more U.N. resolutions and attacked more of it's neighbors.

This illegal war is only to stifle the U.N..

•••
Originally posted by pistol

Saddam Hussein is an evil man, but american allies are currently breaking more U.N. resolutions. He is also a coward. He'll only attack countries who have no western allies and only when he has the backing of the United States. Which was the case up through his attack on Kuwait. At that point International opinion went against Iraq, and we flipped sides.

Are you saying that the United States backed up his attack on Kuwait, but then scince the international opinion wasn't for this, they then changed their mind and defended Kuwait :-/

•••
Originally posted by DarkDevil
Honnestly, i didn't read all this... i live in canada... and right now all that matters is that canada is not going to fight saddam.

but see if the United States is hit with nuclear weapons, then Canada and Mexico both will be effected by this. The US is not the only country in danger of Nuclear weapons, the entire world is in danger of this.

Everyone keeps looking at the bad things that the United States has done but yet no one looks at the positive things that will happen after this war is over. The Iraqi people will have aid and once again feel safe in their own country. Just a quick glimpse for everyone to read about this "mad man" and what Iraq's people have been through with him in Office :

In 1991, shortly after the end of the Persian Gulf War, Hussein suppressed an uprising among Shias in the south. Kurds who rebelled in the north were saved from complete defeat only because the international community protected them. Hussein’s small clique of friends and family was divided after the war, and in the following years Hussein arrested, exiled, and killed many among them who were thought to threaten his rule.

In the late 1990s Hussein periodically brought Iraq to the brink of further military conflicts by refusing to comply with United Nations inspection teams assigned to ensure that Iraq had destroyed its nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons capabilities.

•••
Nuclear missles will not be successful. I beleave we spent 60 billion dollars to solve that prospective problem.

•••
•••
Canada and the United States.

•••
deadserious-

no, what we did though is arm them up until that point whenever they attacked their neighbors. kuwait was the breaking point for the international community, and the united states knew that.

•••
ahhhh okay was just wondering. :D

Cool or Nice or I mean funny or well that's a neat avatar you got there! lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back