NameSilo

registrars Registrars shows name available. Turns out to be regged +10 years after I paid. Any experience?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ricardo M

Established Member
Impact
Checked a name for handregg and ordered. Paid the invoice and should have get the name. Took longer then the usual couple of minutes and i found out the name is regged since 2003 till 2028!!

Why does a registrar still shows the wrong availability? Again i can wait for a refund

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Many registrars only do a simple nameserver lookup - which can return false positives on availability. It can be a pain, but if you find a name that is too good to be true you can take a second to do a whois lookup of the name to save you the hassle. Or just register, hoping to win the lottery :xf.grin:, and take the refund down the road.

•••
Many registrars only do a simple nameserver lookup - which can return false positives on availability. It can be a pain, but if you find a name that is too good to be true you can take a second to do a whois lookup of the name to save you the hassle. Or just register, hoping to win the lottery :xf.grin:, and take the refund down the road.

I'm sometimes too lazy haha. Could expect that the name is to good to be true and no it wasn't google.com or something

Still very annoying!

•••
•••
Where did you register?

Hostnet.nl as always.

The name doesn't load but as shown in whois the nameservers, registrant email are clearly set

•••
Checked a name for handregg and ordered. Paid the invoice and should have get the name. Took longer then the usual couple of minutes and i found out the name is regged since 2003 till 2028!!

Why does a registrar still shows the wrong availability? Again i can wait for a refund

Regged till 2028? How's that possible?

Domains can have a maximum of 10 yrs registration, right?

•••
Regged till 2028? How's that possible?

Domains can have a maximum of 10 yrs registration, right?

Screenshot_2017-08-27-12-03-34.png

•••
2027 i mean so it might got renewed for 10 years recently

•••
Yup... 2027 sounds fine. 2028 -> Something's fishy :xf.grin:

•••
•••
Happened to me twice in the last week, one of them even at Godaddy.
I was wondering too why this happened.
It's an unpleasant experience for sure.

•••
use a "real-time" registrar and you won't have that issue

imo...

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back