Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
No longer looking for feedback

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
High x.xxx enduser or even more. Could have applications in other niches than travel, due to the fact that it's a brandable domain.

Hard one to sell though.

•••
High x.xxx enduser or even more. Could have applications in other niches than travel, due to the fact that it's a brandable domain.

Hard one to sell though.

Thanks for your appraisal.

Why do you think it's hard to sell ?

•••
556_MrBump_original-264x300.jpg

•••
I agree, even though its "technically" a word, its a not a word that is commonly used and I think companies would rather use a 2-word name with keywords that are more commonly used.

It certainly could be be used for something else but I think its a name you going to have to sit on for a while and wait for a buyer

•••
It reminds me of the Outrun game from the 80s :santa:

Sounds like a good name for auto racing, but I don't see a lot of obvious end users. But it's not my niche.

•••
Thanks for your appraisal.

Why do you think it's hard to sell ?

Because it has no instant impact, the word "outroad" is a dictionary word but it's not commonly used and most people don't automatically associate this word with some feeling or state of mind, therefore they have to pause and think about it which is never a good sign in marketing. It needs some great slogan or concept to make it stand out.

Convincing a business owner to buy this domain will take a lot of skill. If you rely 100% on waiting for end users to contact you it might take a while.

Just my opinion.

•••
Great brandable domain. And I like the fact that it's not a common word. That's what makes it a great brandable word. Easy to spell, sounds cool.

If it were me I'd use it to create a social network targeted at people that love the outdoors -- hiking, long treks etc. using (to name a few) a social network software like PHPfox, Social Engine, Elgg, buddypress or Ning. Ning is quicker to setup I believe and costs from 25 - 99 USD a month. Maybe even sell hiking & other outdoor gear on it as well. Just do your due diligence there's many more options out there.

Now what this domain is worth? There is no right answer. But what I'd offer for it if I was an enthusiastic buyer that wanted to start a social network centered around the outdoors really really badly? I'd offer a low 6 figures. Because in my mind I'm thinking "I know I can turn this into a huge brand"

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
It reminds me of the Outrun game from the 80s :santa:

Sounds like a good name for auto racing, but I don't see a lot of obvious end users. But it's not my niche.

I was even thinking about a movie...

"Outroad... a never ending journey without borders..."

trekking-300x181.jpg

Coming soon... to a cinema near you.

;)

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Great brandable domain. And I like the fact that it's not a common word. That's what makes it a great brandable word. Easy to spell, sounds cool.

If it were me I'd use it to create a social network targeted at people that love the outdoors -- hiking, long treks etc. using (to name a few) a social network software like PHPfox, Social Engine, Elgg, buddypress or Ning. Ning is quicker to setup I believe and costs from 25 - 99 USD a month. Maybe even sell hiking & other outdoor gear on it as well. Just do your due diligence there's many more options out there.

Now what this domain is worth? There is no right answer. But what I'd offer for it if I was an enthusiastic buyer that wanted to start a social network centered around the outdoors really really badly? I'd offer a low 6 figures. Because in my mind I'm thinking "I know I can turn this into a huge brand"

Thanks for your extensive appraisal... I appreciate that.

It truly is an unusual word, very brandable without being artificially created.

And only 7 characters for 2 combined words.

About the social networking software... I like Elgg a lot, but I'm also looking into the other ones...

Low 6 figures... hmm... let me think.... : :sold:

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back