IT.COM

domain Please Appraise Dealership.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

What is Dealership.com worth?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • $250,000-$350,000

votes
    0.0%
  • $700,000-$1,000,000

votes
    0.0%
  • $1,000,000-$2,000,000

votes
    0.0%
  • Over $2,000,000

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Hello Domain Appraisers,

I am currently in negotiations with a company that is trying to determine the value of Dealership.com for investment purposes. We are discussing charging $1 per day to each of the dealerships for a link from Dealership.com to their existing websites. There are 272,486 new and used dealerships in the USA (Source Yellow Pages). The math speaks for itself but they want to know what kind of monetary value I am bringing to the table via just the domain name before proceeding. I was hoping to rely on the opinions of people more experienced than ourselves. Many thanks, David

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The sales price depends on the buyer and use, but it is certainly a high dollar domain.

Something in the $XXX,XXX range IMO.

Brad

•••
Yes, the domain is generic which tends to be attractive to domainers (as illustrated above). :::great:::

However, in the real world this domain has little to no practical value from a branding standpoint because it's TOO generic. I will have to disagree with the previous poster and put this somewhere in the high $x,xxx to very low $xx,xxx range at best.

If you had this domain and wanted to go into business with me, the first thing I would tell you is "we need to get another domain because this one sucks".

That's my honest opinion, take it for what it's worth. Good luck and best wishes. ((:ghost:))

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

FYI: If you really want to know what this domain is worth, list it on Ebay with a ridiculous reserve, promote the sale here, then see where the bidding ends up.

•••
However, in the real world this domain has little to no practical value from a branding standpoint because it's TOO generic. I will have to disagree with the previous poster and put this somewhere in the high $x,xxx to very low $xx,xxx range at best.

If you had this domain and wanted to go into business with me, the first thing I would tell you is "we need to get another domain because this one sucks".

No offense but if you think this domain "sucks" you have a lot to learn about domains.

If you ever decide to sell this domain in MicroGuy's appraisal range please PM me. I will buy it instantly.

Brad

•••
Dealership.net sold at auction for $3,800 Oct 2010 I believe an auto dealer software company owns it now

Last edited:
•••
Toys.net

Thank you for the info. Gee, I would have bought it for that price. I sold toys.net for $4,000 and toys.com sold for 5.1 Million (TOYS"R"US) bought it. Maybe I should have asked more for the .net but it seems that all the big players want the .com's.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Toys.net for 4k.. where do I sign. A bit low I think. Though.. if the end users dont pay the bucks you have to take what you can get i suppose.

Dealership.com - Interesting domain

If the .net sold for 3.8k at auction then the .com would I suspect be worth about 7-10k based on the .net sale.

Based on the word dealership alone with 5.6k exact monthly searches i would say $2k tops, even the broad seaches are only jsut over 1mill.

I think price wise end user wise it would be a case of $10k plus (maybe massive plus) or nothing as there are only a limited number of major car manufacturers and if none of them wanted it then your back to looking at independant car dealers.

I would pitch it to large end users at $100k plus quite happily. The domain suits alot of end users.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back