Dynadot

PHP library for the Epik API

NameSilo
Watch

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Hey everyone,

I am working on a PHP library to interface with the Epik API. I am planning to release my work on Github. There are a lot of different methods available in Epik's API and I don't expect to have all of them implemented on initial release, so what features would you actually want and use so I can focus on those first?

Update: initial release is here, and yes it supports Composer just require "x7media\epik-api".

https://github.com/x7media/epik-api

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would want to be able to:

- pull all the domains and info I have listed for sale on their marketplace including pricing (BIN/offer/lease).

- listing/updating/removing domains from/to the marketplace.

I have yet to find time to play with their API so not sure if that's supported.

Anyway, keep us posted. Cool project.

•••
Cool stuff, Ryan.

I followed thread, keep us posted.

Samer

•••
I would want to be able to:

- pull all the domains and info I have listed for sale on their marketplace including pricing (BIN/offer/lease).

- listing/updating/removing domains from/to the marketplace.

I have yet to find time to play with their API so not sure if that's supported.

Anyway, keep us posted. Cool project.

They do have the ability to view and edit marketplace listings.

No way to add an external domain to your epik account so you'd have to do that manually unless @Rob Monster could get that added to the api.

•••
•••

No way to add an external domain to your epik account so you'd have to do that manually unless @Rob Monster could get that added to the api.

You have the possibility to list and update to their marketplace: https://docs.userapi.epik.com/v2/#/

Sample scripts that I created: https://github.com/01fbk/epikapi

Thanks,
Cristian

Thanks for that, to the both of you! Will check that out. Ultimately I want to integrate all epik marketplace management into my backend. I don't have a big portfolio with them but I'm a sucker for automating things :)

•••
@NameDeck let me know via pm if you need help or something is unclear about their api, will help out :)

•••
Thanks for that, to the both of you! Will check that out. Ultimately I want to integrate all epik marketplace management into my backend. I don't have a big portfolio with them but I'm a sucker for automating things :)

Me as well. I was working on a script to automatically take my domains I win at GD auctions and transfer them to Epik after 60 days but could not find a preexisting php library for Epiks api and figured other might want it as well.

•••
Me as well. I was working on a script to automatically take my domains I win at GD auctions and transfer them to Epik after 60 days but could not find a preexisting php library for Epiks api and figured other might want it as well.

@Rob Monster :)

Cool idea ryan and something rob should be able to help with I guess. nice!

•••
@NameDeck let me know via pm if you need help or something is unclear about their api, will help out :)

Thank you! appreciate it. Now all I have to do is find some time.I thought I would have some more free time on my hands being in isolation n all but I was wrong :P

•••
Hey everyone,

I am working on a PHP library to interface with the Epik API. I am planning to release my work on Github. There are a lot of different methods available in Epik's API and I don't expect to have all of them implemented on initial release, so what features would you actually want and use so I can focus on those first?

Thats a cool project Ryan!
Let me know if you need any information about our API connectivity.
Good luck!

•••

For that request, I surely need to check with our dev team for feasibility.

You know, the other solution would be: TRANSFER ALL OF YOUR DOMAIN NAMES TO EPIK! .. :D

•••
Just thinking out loud here, what @Ryan217 is building would be a cool feature to have integrated in a registrar. Maybe like, a watchlist you can compile at Epik, giving preautorization to transfer the domains in as soon as the lock is lifted. Retrieving the auth codes could be a challenge as you would have to authorize Epik to retrieve them but theoratically it should work.

•••
Could be some security vulnerability here, honestly. We need to deeply think about it.
Imagine loosing this access to a hacker, and no further restrictions are done on this activity. It's not secured.
However, I like the idea of giving domainers robust access to the market, inventory & their account/domains.

•••
Hey everyone,

Composer, please. :)

•••
For that request, I surely need to check with our dev team for feasibility.

You know, the other solution would be: TRANSFER ALL OF YOUR DOMAIN NAMES TO EPIK! .. :D

I do but not everyone would want to. And it would be helpful to me to be able to use Epik dns on domains still under lock elsewhere and at least get a make offer lander up to collect leads.

Of course. :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
Could be some security vulnerability here, honestly. We need to deeply think about it.
Imagine loosing this access to a hacker, and no further restrictions are done on this activity. It's not secured.
However, I like the idea of giving domainers robust access to the market, inventory & their account/domains.

Yeah, security would be the biggest concern for me as well. That alone might make it not feasable. maybe somethink like a 2FA would work, Epik triggers the transfers, a mail goes out requesting approval. Thinking of it... GD randomly requires further approval on transfer outs so it might not even work anyway :)

•••
•••
I do but not everyone would want to. And it would be helpful to me to be able to use Epik dns on domains still under lock elsewhere and at least get a make offer lander up to collect leads.

Of course. :xf.grin:

Agree, regarding offering external domains. Let me see if this is doable. No promises, but I'll check for you (fingers crossed).

•••
Just thinking out loud here, what @Ryan217 is building would be a cool feature to have integrated in a registrar. Maybe like, a watchlist you can compile at Epik, giving preautorization to transfer the domains in as soon as the lock is lifted. Retrieving the auth codes could be a challenge as you would have to authorize Epik to retrieve them but theoratically it should work.

Godaddy seems to be one of the only registrars I know of that actually allow you to unlock a domain and request an auth code via their API. Even Epik only allows unlock but you still have to manually request auth codes.

•••
•••
Godaddy seems to be one of the only registrars I know of that actually allow you to unlock a domain and request an auth code via their API. Even Epik only allows unlock but you still have to manually request auth codes.

Actually, correction, I completely forgot Epik also does allow obtaining auth codes via API, its a push to another Epik account that has to be done manually. But there are others that don't provide auth codes via api, like Dynadot for example.

•••
Actually, correction, I completely forgot Epik also does allow obtaining auth codes via API, it's a push to another Epik account that has to be done manually. But there are others that don't provide auth codes via api, like Dynadot for example.

I just took a quick look at it, and yes, I see "GET auth code" is there.

I'll check the possibility of adding that account-to-account push (probably based on using auth-code as well), and get back to you!

•••
I just took a quick look at it, and yes, I see "GET auth code" is there.

I'll check the possibility of adding that account-to-account push (probably based on using auth-code as well), and get back to you!

I don't mean to overburden you with requests about the API but I did notice when testing adding marketplace listings via the API that you cannot configure payment plan options (or at least its not documented that its possible). Something else to consider to maybe eventually add.

Also, could you explain the difference between the user api signature versus the marketplace api signature. When if the marketplace api signature used?

Last edited:
•••
I see that domain push via api between 2 epik accounts is not available.
Although ,it is pretty stratight forward to do...

All I see, you have a POST to https://registrar.epik.com/domain/my-domains-transfers-dialog that is used to get the email of the account that you want to push a domain to and then afterwards another POST to https://registrar.epik.com/domain/transfer-ownership with the id of the domain and email, here is the form data:

Screenshot_1.png

I guess you can hack your way into even if official API is not there :cigar:
Although this can be considered a security flaw as it does not require any type of signature or auth. As long as you know the domain id, you can push. Haven't tested the solution, but this should be it.

@Rob Monster

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back