NameSilo

Ouch!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
In situations like this, honestly I think that the lakes and swamp area's need to be fenced off.

ENGLEWOOD, Florida (AP) -- A 70-year-old woman was in fair condition Monday after an alligator ripped off part of her arm as she trimmed brush outside her condo, officials said.

The 8-foot 3-inch alligator latched on to Helena Couto's arm just below the elbow Sunday and tried to drag her into a nearby pond, said Gary Morse, a spokesman for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.

She was saved by a resident who managed to pull her away, More said.

"A neighbor came to the rescue and had her by the legs," he said.

A deputy shot and killed the alligator.

Wildlife commission officials cut into the alligator and retrieved the arm, which was then flown to Tampa General Hospital where Couto was awaiting surgery to reattach it, Charlotte County spokesman Robert Carpenter said.

Hospital spokeswoman Ellen Fiss wouldn't say Monday whether the surgery was successful.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
That would definitely hurt! ..... That's crazy... to be attacked by an alligator while you're out doing yard work.

•••
lol no kidding and people think I live out in the woods, but we don't see any alligators here, just deer who love to run into cars while people are driving on the highways:p

•••
where are you from bobbi?

•••
•••
ah, for some reason i was thinking somewhere in canada

•••
Man, those deer are evil. One time I was driving on the expressway at like eighty miles an hour around 2a.m. just near the downtown saginaw exit, so it was a busy expressway. I don't lie when I say that the deer hit the side of my car. How he could run into the side of my car while i was going eighty miles an hour eludes me still.

All I saw was a flash of light from my driver side mirror flying into the air, bouncing off my window, then crashing on the pavement of the I-75.

Thinking crazy thoughts of a meteorite by odd coincidence landing right on my car. I pull over and get out. The entire driver side of my car had crumpled in. The deer was nowhere in sight, the only thing it left as a calling card was deer hair jammed into the lock of my car.

Although I had the dent repaired, for a year deer hair stuck out of my keyhole. A warning to the next deer who tries to mess with my car.

•••
lol Mitch I know the feeling, I had one to hit me, and when I say "hit me" thats actually what it did. It ran into my car, flipped over the top of my car and ran off, lol I called my dad crying asking him what to do and all he could think was "Did you put it on the top of your car to bring home" I was ready to kill him. I don't like to hit animals, heck I stop and rescue turtles when they are in the roads to keep them from getting ran over. [=

I think I should start a turtle rescue center lol. God knows I've turned enough loose in my yard to have a turtle breeding ground lol

btw, I'm sure the deer died later because it did over 3 thousand dollars worth of damage to my car ]=

•••
Personally, although I'm not big on killing deer, the deer who hit my car better have died, cuz otherwise I'm going to chase him down personally and...well, you get the picture.

•••
lol well if u were doing 80 I'm sure if it did manage to make it off the highway that it did infact die, probably of internal injuries :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back