Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

12no3

VIP Member
Impact
NNNN.co all gone registered by Chinese

I guess nnnnn.co will be next trend in China

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it's hard to agree with you.

•••
Why not?!

Do you guys remember when the floor price of the "worst" LLLL.coms were about reg fee. ;)

It's not that many years ago.

Ps. I am not saying that they did a good move for the future, I honestly have no idea. It will be interesting to see. If you have deep pockets, you might speculate.

Last edited:
•••
•••
It's true many LLLL.com and NNNNN.com domains were reg fee value not many years ago. The rise in short .com domain prices has been staggering this year. I remember when people laughed and scoffed at the NNNNN.com buyout when it happened. Crappy letter LLLL.com that used to sell for $x and low $xx are now called 'Chinese premium letters' and sell for high $xxx to $xxxx.

Those of us who've been around the last 8 years should have backed up the truck on cheap NNNNN.com and LLLL.com and waited till 2015. A perfect strategy in hindsight but no one could have seen it coming then. Repeating patterns, 4 bad, 8 good, No V A E I O U - No one knew how important these few guidelines would become.

Over the next few months LLL.co and NNNN.co will probably drop in small batches and become available for short periods before they are taken again, until the point where none will make it past a drop auction anymore. Unless the market for short domains tanks. I regged my last LLL.co earlier this year, and my last NNNN.co a few weeks ago before the buyout.

Prices of short .cc domains have also been going up this year as somehow this extension has caught on in China in recent years. Not hard to see .co catching on either, and a lot of numeric .co registrations I've seen are China based. The last NNNN.co were bought by China registrants. Most people don't think of .co as a country extension, and .cc is also a country extension for the Cocos (Keeling) Islands. If .cc can be accepted in China, not a hard stretch to accept .co, which is closer to the universal .com. I don't think any English word new gtlds will be catching in China, so .co is a decent bet on the future for low investment now for potential higher return with this trend for short domains. Short .com's are getting out of reach price-wise, and there is a low supply to start with. Easily can see a market developing for short .co, and already I'm getting interest on my LLL.co and NNNN.co domains. We'll see, some say the China demand for short domains has only just begun.

•••
i have 15 pcs " NNNNNN.CO " domains with 8888 and 888 pattern

•••
Closing today at Godaddy auctions.

7757.co
3339.co

both have multiple bidders. 3339 closing in on $200 US. 7757 is over $100 US.

•••
i think all nnnnn.co without 0 and 4 are gone

•••
No I think is about 4,000 left of 5N.co with no 4 or 0.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back