IT.COM

NameCheap deleted my domain before expiry

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dondomainer

domainnamescom.comTop Member
Impact
It's time to light up a series of problems I'm having with Namecheap for some time to this part, and it just seems to get worse.

About 6 months ago I began to have problems with the domains administration of namecheap. for example,

1 : the button for change the status of whois from private to public and Auth Code , does not always work, so that every time I had to spend time on chat to solve this problem.

2 : Not always change the name servers, again, more time.

3 : Problem on registration, some times the payment system did not work. (again,, more time )

so at some point, I decided to go to another registrar, so I first select the domains that I'm going to maintain and the rest, I deleted the auto-renew for all, this was more than three months ago.

Yesterday saturday, i get an email from Namecheap, giving me thanks for the auto-renewal like11 domains, how was this possible if I knew that I had deactivated theauto-renew for all my domains, I see the list, and among all, there was one domain name very important for me, in the end, I decided to call you to cancel this auto-renew, anyway, it was 10 days before he would expire..and here began the problems.

First Namecheap refused to cancel and refound the auto-renew, although I explain that the system has errors when you change status ( whois, auto-renew or even the Auth Code ) In the end, I decided to cancel this order via my bank although if it is true, Namecheap in the end gave me a solution, but here comes the unexpected practice for me.

cancel an auto-renew order send the domain to deleted even if it is not expired.

Namecheap actually sends me an email where he asked me for confirmation about the cancellation of the auto-renew and my answer was clear about one specific domain ...

Screenshot_8.png

You see that... and >>>>>MARCA.XYZ<<<<<<

But today, Namecheap delete precisely that domain, 10 days before expiration and although i make clear about that DOMAIN. (Marca.xyz )

Today after complaining to Namecheap and ask to recover the domain, they tell me that they can not recover.

It is desperate and sad to lose a domain in this way, right now I am afraid that my property is in the hands of people so unprofessional, In all my years as a domainer, I had never been through this... never.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Update.

Namecheap contactme via email apologizing for the error and informing me that he has been able to recover the domain which also it has renewed for one year for the inconvenience.

Thanks Namecheap, it was a really nasty night but a good morning.

•••
I suggest in the future you move your domains to another register when you have 30 days or so left. I have noticed annoyances and inconsistencies with Namecheap lately. 3 months ago I changed contact address info on all domains.The other day I noticed the change only took effect with some of the domains. The search bar is calling up non dot com names automatically when it didn’t before.

I am finding things way easier at NameSilo. It took them ten seconds to update all my domains.Also don’t set to auto renew when you register a name. Glad it worked out for you.

Last edited:
•••
Yes glad it was solved, the ICANN codes they applied yesterday they control, so you likely just got an inexperienced support person. If you run into issues again @gipson try to ask to be escalated to a supervisor, sometimes that speeds things up.

The UI at NameCheap is horribad, we have continuous issues and glitches reported by members, and the only good thing is usually support is helpful.

All my XYZ are being migrated to Epik as they expire, intuitive UI, great support and XYZ standard transfer and renew cost is lowest (not counting promos or coupons elsewhere)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back