Dynadot

tips My Own Landing Page Makes Me PROUD!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
I have my own! I built it with a website builder.
No more sleepless nights with fake buy it now inquiries on domain marketplaces.
I feel more confident and secure.
Already got contacted by some high net worth people.

Need even more moral fundament?
Telepathy, Digimedia, Anything, Schwartz use own landing page.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wouldn't trust an ugly page with a contact form made in 10 minutes as a buyer.

- do you list your phone number on the landing page, is it available non-stop?
- do you have live chat, is it available non-stop?
- do you list your company name and address? is it a real, registered company?
- do you have a proven track record?
- do you have a clear terms of service?
- do you have a GDPR-compatible, full privacy policy?
- do you offer multiple payment methods, including bank transfer, credit card, PayPal, cryptocurrency, digital wallets etc.?
- do you comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard?
- are you protected against chargebacks and credit card fraud? Do you know how to verify a credit card payment to prevent fraud?
- do you issue a proper tax invoice?
- do you have a proper refund policy?
- do you list hundreds of testimonials and reviews on the landing page?
- do you have an extensive FAQ section?
- are your landing pages mobile optimized?
- have you checked the pagespeed scores (Core Web Vitals)?
- are your landing pages accessible (for example for those with screen readers)?
- do you offer an escrow service or an escrow-like service?
- do you have a sales video on your landing page?
- can you properly calculate, collect and remit international taxes, such as VAT?
- do you offer installment payment plans? Can you process installment payments automatically?
- do you have logos for the domains?
- can I hear the domain name on the landing page how it sounds?
- can you earn the trust of your buyers? (if not, they will leave the page ASAP)

Last edited:
•••
so u make your own page and magically offer and sale rains in...come on... we not 12. the truth is it makes no difference to buyer... all u need is clear way to buy.. whether it's a forsale banner on parked page... sedo lander or your own.. who cares... there is no logic to thinking that someone who just wants to buy your domain will care for how u present it... or If u got mountain or flower in your lander..all this stuff is in your head...

•••
2016-2021 used my own. 2021-present, used Dan, others. No difference in sales volume, they average the same throughout the year.

I did it to save time, and luckily gained the same results.

Leads me to be confident in what I've always believed; it's about the name, not the place. Keeping my DN site active as a fallback.

•••
Tell it to Digimedia, Telepathy, Anything, Scwarts, Ricks ... they are definitely not 12

oh ok now I get it ..u just got same quality folio as rick Schwartz... everything clear now.

•••
so u make your own page and magically offer and sale rains in...come on... we not 12. the truth is it makes no difference to buyer... all u need is clear way to buy.. whether it's a forsale banner on parked page... sedo lander or your own.. who cares... there is no logic to thinking that someone who just wants to buy your domain will care for how u present it... or If u got mountain or flower in your lander..all this stuff is in your head...
Tell it to Digimedia, Telepathy, Anything, Scwarts, Ricks ... they are definitely not 12

•••
so is that landing page a secret page? why not share it with us (+ free advertising)?

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think to create my own landing pages too but I don't know how to add payment options there! Is Escrow is the only way? And what about trust from the buyer who is interested in my domain?
At one stage I had created my own landing page (maybe I'll show an example if I get chance) using Wix as the OP had. To try and navigate the trust issues page had links to the domains listing at all the major marketplaces and a BIN or MAKE OFFER button to Escrow.com but stated that names were more expensive there due to marketplace commissions.

The main problem I encountered was making any bulk pricing changes was almost impossible as you'd have to go through each listing individually to change prices. The same goes for adding links etc to each page would have to be done individually which is a huge time commitment. They have recently added a CMS which allows you to make bulk content changes but not link editing etc (which is also the only way to have more than 100 landing pages as Wix only allow 100 pages per site).

I'm guessing these can be overcome with WP etc buy using cms.

Ultimately if you have 50 - 100 names it is possible to make your own landers on Wix with some some investment but it probably isn't the most economical way of doing things.

•••
Congrats! Having your own landing pages makes you so much more money. If the buyers are coming directly to your domain name, why would you pay any marketplace any commission at all? They are YOUR buyers!

•••
Your contact form may have date stamps which you can match with google analytics page views. If they use a fairly descriptive email name then you can usually search the name to city and get an idea if they are a big buyer or a home based business. Then check for trademarks etc..

You are blind on a marketplace.

•••
If a client come to you via your lander, you know who you are talking to, and can follow up if needed.

No commission, no ambiguity, no fake buy it now transactions, no sleepless nights.
True, but on marketplaces I just set to bin and if they want it the only way forward is to pay. On my own landers, the process was a little lengthier because vetting, education etc.

They're both great methods and can be attuned to your needs. I found using your own landers is definitely a case for price adjustments based on knowing your buyer but generally I have a set amount in mind and "who" the buyer is or their purpose for the domain doesn't have that much of an impact on that.

Actually, another benefit to own landers is when buyers wanted to know my authenticity as a "real" person and thus could direct them as such to lead to a successful sale. But when dealing on a reputable 3rd party marketplace, the authenticity is with the marketplace itself not so much the seller so that kind of takes care of it.

•••
Congrats! Having your own landing pages makes you so much more money. If the buyers are coming directly to your domain name, why would you pay any marketplace any commission at all? They are YOUR buyers!

I would say it's a matter of trust - on both sides. A marketplace is desired (am not saying needed or required) to ensure (again not guarantee) the transaction. Even using Escrow dot com might require quite a bit of educating, unless the buyer was highly motivated.

So, if Escrow fee is 5%, a 10% marketplace fee is reasonable, even 15% for management and traffic analysis, but 25% marketplace fee/commission without any added value is downright greediness on the part of such marketplace(s).

•••
any page will do. countless pages have nothing but contact email in plain text. it is all u need for buyer to find u. everything else is all in your head. not the buyer head.
There is data which confirms that these things (installment payment option, multiple payment methods, great customer support, testimonials) help to sell a domain faster.

•••
•••
Good For You, nice landing for start :xf.wink:
and awesome idea🇺🇦
Thanks

p.s. I have my own landing on WordPress

•••
Agreed, having your own landing page is an excellent strategy if you have the time and are willing to put in the effort. Even better if you can make your own dynamic landing pages.

But, there are services out there that will provide domain management and custom landing pages for a low monthly fee without charging a commission.

•••
I listed domains on Afternic, which lists the domains in GoDaddy search results, in case THEIR TRAFFIC produces me sales. It requires a PAYMENT BEFORE they NOTIFY YOU OF THE SALE.

But MY TRAFFIC goes TO MY LANDING PAGE.

•••
Can you show us your own/self created parking page or pages. Printscreen with your blurred domain name ...

Are you not more confident by using a trustworthy third party escrow service?

I'm fine with sedo.com if they take 10 percent and handle the transaction in a proper and professional way, i can live with that!

All of my long term domains with potential and traffic generating are parked at sedo.com

I was also thinking about self created and hosted landing pages.

Everything has pro's and contra's, it's good to find a balance ...

In theory it's cool and nice if you everything can handle/manage yourself: creating, hosting and final transaction process.

No hurry and no stress for me, thanks to sedo.com, ok it's not perfect maybe but hey can improve the landers and give users more customizable options in the future.

Interesting topic, i hope to see printscreens from selfmade landers also ... anyway, GLTA!

•••
This is not an easy task. First of all if your page is not beautiful enough, then the trust level may be lower for SEO and potential customers, secondly you need to maintain your server and code which is huge work. If you just use wordpress to dock, then the traffic it brings you might make you hesitate. If you know some development skills, then having your own dock is the best option.

•••
Very Cool , I waited many years to make myself one , when I did it was a solid good feeling .

•••
Indeed, personally i also find 25 % and even more comission fee is too much for what they do. I can live with 10 a 15 % at sedo.com. GLTA

•••
Did he shared his landing page or this is in some fairy land of Peter Pan?

•••
Where are the printscreens of the own hosted and created sales lander pages?
Basically the OP says just create a landing page with Wix or Squarespace, and boom! The leads start coming in.

1. Create landing pages for your domains with Wix or Squarespace
2. ???
3. Profit!

•••
You can calculate the commission fee of the brokerage firm into your asking price, isn't it?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back