domain My first domain purchase - carleasing()io

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

MSN-Domains

Top Member
Impact
I began looking into domains and the marketing around 3 years ago. Finally made a purchase, my background is somewhat digital so I understand SEO parameters. Would this domain work for a resell or a developed domain I would be interested in hearing the opinion of the forum as I’m very new to this industry.

Average Monthly Search Stats - Exact Match - [car leasing]

Monthly Searches:

Cost Per Click:

$3.30 USD

Ad Competition:

low

Data Age:

Recent

Average Monthly Search Stats - Exact Match - [car leasing]

Monthly Searches:

Cost Per Click:

$3.32 USD

Ad Competition:

high

Data Age:

Recent

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.io domains is mostly used for tech startups.
There was domain buygold.io recently evaluated on domain Sherpa podcast. You might want look into it.

Last edited:
•••
.io domains is mostly used for tech startups.
There was domain buygold.io recently evaluated on domain Sherpa podcast. You might want look into it.
Thanks kamitis, do you know which espisode # i'm looking for?

•••
•••
Kamitis, Great episode thanks for the link. Maybe i got lucky with this not sure, in the episode there was a section mentioning "make sure there are repositories on github" there are quite a few blockchain based car leasing git's, one even built on IBM blockchain.

•••
Kamitis, Great episode thanks for the link. Maybe i got lucky with this not sure, in the episode there was a section mentioning "make sure there are repositories on github" there are quite a few blockchain based car leasing git's, one even built on IBM blockchain.
I would think starting out you want stick more with .com domains then 2 word other extensions.
For me this domain have 0$ value because it extension, existing car leasing companies want premium .com/.net, and .io domains is used for tech startups, if someone starting car leasing company .io will not be their first choice.
If you plan to develop car leasing website it might have value for you, but for selling i see very few end users who would want it.
Good luck anyway.

Last edited:
•••
Ill tell you how crapy this domain is ,first I want to let you know that some single word .io are worth something short brandable techie words , Now back to why your domain stinks,here it is . The more correct AutoLeasing.io is still open for reg. Need I say more Tough Love

•••
Thank's guy's. I'll put this one down as a loss on the books. I'll head back to the drawing board.

•••
just about every auto manufacturer/dealer offers leasing options and most likely, one would go to a car dealer to get best deal.

saying that, cuz that's where i went to lease a couple of beema's

imo...

•••
There's still time to grace delete this domain and get your money back.

•••
I think the .io registry doesn't allow grace delete :(
"Once the Domain Name and the Applicant's details have been entered in the Register of .IO Domain Names no refund of fees will be payable by NIC.IO. "
https://www.nic.io/terms.htm

+ I don't see any value in this domain.

never mind, didn't know they moved to afilias

Last edited:
•••
@Nick cheers - Delete is done.

•••
I think the .io registry doesn't allow grace delete :(
"Once the Domain Name and the Applicant's details have been entered in the Register of .IO Domain Names no refund of fees will be payable by NIC.IO. "
https://www.nic.io/terms.htm

+ I don't see any value in this domain.
Being a direct .IO registrar, I am pretty familiar with the rules. So, if anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.

OWnr6qP.png

@Nick cheers - Delete is done.

You're welcome.

•••
•••
Great first domain purchase
Congrats
You could have done worse

Keep it

.io is a country tld

•••
•••
if you have .com version, carleasing would have high value! but for IO, I don't think your domain worth to renew :), other than dot com it should be one words! e.g cars.io, leasing.io, or you can try domain hack something like Belg.io, oh.io, or maybe grat.io
Other than dot com, should short 4-6 letter, or one words! more than that, your domain are would be hard to sell!
Domaining and SEO are different! SEO prefer with backlink! SEM, prefer with CPC, or search volume! but for domainer, you must combine all! have seo value, have SEM value, domain should be short, domain should easy to remember, domain not typo, and domain should have buyer!

ask your self, do you want to buy carleasing.io for $100 or no ?
and what reason , your buyer should spend $100 for your domain ?
if you can give that answer! probably you can sell that domain for 1k :) if not just dropped!

Domain almost same like ebook! you like ebook or no ? I bet you hate it ebook ;) right!
guess what! 99% people don't want to buy a domain more than hand reg cost! ;) but of course you can sell a domain for high price, IF the buyer, ask you to sell to them :) so the tricky part in domain selling are find the domain name that some people willing to pay thousand or 10 thousand $,

ask your self what kind of domain that some people willing to spend $x.xxx or $xx.xxx? if you know the answer then you can start this business ASAP! if not, my suggestion is, try to read NP pages! because for some reason, reading on NP, are more profitable than buy a domain :)

Last edited:
•••
@MR Harrist thanks for the feedback, what do you suggest a good section on NP to start reading/learning from? Yes, you were totally right in your observation I looked at that purchase with my SEM glasses on.

I don't know what kind of domain some people are willing to spending $x.xxx or $xx.xxx but I'm sure as hell i'm going to find out.

•••
if you seos I am sure you can figure it out by yourself! but if you ask, me try with very basic stuff! because if you know the basic of domaining you can easily to understand how this business works! by the way next time you came here, don't tell you are seos or what soever, because for domainer seo have bad stigma! and as far as I know SEO also hate domainer :) , seos love emd, domainer Hold EMD! SEO debunked EMD myth, EMD price droped! I am sure you know the situation!
by the way, I am not seos, or domainer, I am only seller :)

•••
@MR Harrist Sure I'll keep that in mind, btw I didn't say I was a SEO or any other label just I have a background in digital and digital covers many hats. I will see how far the rabbit hole goes..... Also, there are a finite amount of .com's which makes this Domaining game very interesting. Yes I was aware of the EMD situation a while back too. Again appreciate the input, I hope to see you around the boards, you never know we may have a trade or two in the future. Best of luck for now

Last edited:
•••
maybe or maybe not! but for most cases domainer don't sell to other domainer! because for some reason it would be bad trade and unfair :) but of course, I don't mind to share profits :) I help you, you help me :) anyway, try to start with EMD domain, 1-2 words! and letter not more than 12! and always com! stick with that, then your money safe! :) because most company want com, other than com, the price only 10% from com! 1 thing, try not hand reg made up words, or typos something like moneey or moneii, and etc! personally I don't like it, the reason simply because not many people want to buy that kind of domain! even if there is, soon or later whoever people that buy made up words or typos, have to pay the price :), cpc high, or even banned adwords! but for company, usually they already know that kind of risk! so I am sure legitimate company don't buy made up words or typos domain :)
keep that in mind! cause I am sure it can save your money ! :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back