NameSilo

Logo Contest for product selling website

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest: Logo
Prize: $40 USD (paid via Paypal)
End Date: Thursday, June 18th. Sooner if right logo is presented.

General Requirements:
A logo for a brand/website called "Money Counters” with “.com" added either behind, under, somewhere sort of inconspicuous; that meaning - small/faint etc. Just so it relays the complete name as MoneyCounters.com.

About The Brand
This brand is for a website selling Money Counters, that is - money counting and handling equipment for coins and currency.

The Logo:
The logo should represent a feel that is Industry/product authoritative, trustworthy, ‘the source for’. Nothing artsy or flamboyant.

I see the logo made up of the words – ‘Money Counters’ and ‘.com’. Also symbols such as $ and ¢ signs, or coin/currency images etc. ‘can’ be included for accented or alternative looks.

Font:
Minimal and boldish looking, nothing too curvy or fancy. Italicized or not.

Color:
Background of header is (currently) Green 339652, so logo will need to stand out on it. Can be white (etc.) outlined etc., or on a light background or whatever just so it doesn’t blend to the header. Also a Blue 246AD3 is used for titles/categories.

Main Color of Words (Money Counters): Though prefer Green, however, I am open to using a Blue or other colors. Whichever one feels is appropriate for the subject of money.

The ‘.com’ part should be smaller than title, and can be faded gray or another color, something that shows it’s a web address, but not a part of the title

Format:
PSD/AI files as well as JPEG and PNG, also the name of the font used.

Size:
The theme notes 250x50, so this and maybe a larger size for other uses besides on website.

Additional Information:
This is my first time using outside logo makers, so questions etc. accepted.

(Am also needing a main picture, sorta collage-ish looking depicting the mission of the site, but that is not a part of this request. Interested graphic artists can pm me for details.)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@BagusDesign - your 1st one would be hard to use on other places, as it's a rectangle box. Your 2nd one is heading somewhere, but that 'M' effect is...not. Your 3rd one is too boxy looking.

@polymorph - that's not different than your previous one. See my notes above on it.

@Altruist Design - this heading somewhere too. The smaller marks are more in line to what we see with the wording, but not sold on these two. The first one's insides color diff makes it look like the yin and yang symbol.
Maybe find something similar to the first one, but use it as the . before com, but not too big to over come the com. The 'com' can even be a bit bigger then the '.', but not as big as the main words.

@all - Money Counters can have a space between the words. They don't need to see it as an url, they just need to remember it as an url.

Also, some different fonts.

•••
4UMBiNd.png

•••
•••
•••
@Altruist Design - Can you separate the main words, make the '.' bigger, and use a different font. Maybe also put the .com under the words, and make it less stand out ish.

@BagusDesign - I don't get the black square on the M, and the 'e's' look like a ladder going thru the words.

@bingbang - The arch of dots don't relate to the logo or the products. Also separate the main words, and use different font.

•••
@Altruist Design - Can you separate the main words, make the '.' bigger, and use a different font. Maybe also put the .com under the words, and make it less stand out ish.

@BagusDesign - I don't get the black square on the M, and the 'e's' look like a ladder going thru the words.

@bingbang - The arch of dots don't relate to the logo or the products. Also separate the main words, and use different font.

Thank you for your feedback, but I have some feedback too.

Those dots from mOney to cOunters represents some coins that are going from one o to another, to represent the counting part of the logo.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Another variation:

ygMxAlx.jpg

and

aA5p7ol.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
To everyone who offered their takes and examples based on my request, I'm just not seeing anything that stands out for what I was hoping to find. The most common thing I see is just the text wordings of Money Counters in different colors, which is what I had done originally, and why I was hoping to find something more creative and not so bland. But, maybe for this project, bland is the answer. eek! :( I'm gonna have to reexamine the theme and the context of what I'm hoping to find, and see what course I should go on this.

I really appreciate everyone's efforts and I want to thank you all for your attempts to come up with something. I'm gonna close this for now and have a drink or two and try to assess my next course of action.

Thank you and best of luck to you all.

•••
•••
To everyone who offered their takes and examples based on my request, I'm just not seeing anything that stands out for what I was hoping to find. The most common thing I see is just the text wordings of Money Counters in different colors, which is what I had done originally, and why I was hoping to find something more creative and not so bland. But, maybe for this project, bland is the answer. eek! :( I'm gonna have to reexamine the theme and the context of what I'm hoping to find, and see what course I should go on this.

I really appreciate everyone's efforts and I want to thank you all for your attempts to come up with something. I'm gonna close this for now and have a drink or two and try to assess my next course of action.

Thank you and best of luck to you all.

It was easier to show an example of logos you like, to see the style, because from your guidelines, everybody will come with same entries.

•••
@ hawkeye

Please review the rule posted below.

3. Contests may not have an end date greater than 10 days and can only be extended by a maximum of 48 hours if less than 4 designs are entered by 4 different designers.

Please update your original post with an end time not later than June 21st.

Thank you for your assistance.

•••
@hawkeye

Please review the rule posted below.

1. A winner must be selected only from active entries on NamePros.

5. You must update your thread to reflect your decision about a winner.

7. All entries must be made in a public reply to the thread and not by a private contact.

9. Contests are considered abandoned 7 days after contest end date without activity.

Please announce a winner by the 25th.

Thank you for your cooperation.

•••
As I noted back on the 18th, in my post above, this contest and thread is and has been closed!

•••
At this time hawkeye has failed to honor his binding agreement and has been issued an infraction.

Thank you for understanding.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back