domain Internet.cm

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdab

Jamie DąbrowieckiTop Member
Impact
It's a .CM, so I know you're probably rolling your eyes right now, but I did some research one night and saw some decent sales of .CM domains, a notable one being LasVegas.CM for about $21k.

The domain I picked up is internet.cm - do you think I would be able to sell it? I was thinking maybe a Cameroonian ISP would be interested. Forgive me for my ignorance if this seems a bit optimistic to you, but I'm a noob at all this.

I may have made a mistake in buying it, but if I have, it's all part of the learning curve.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm still learning...let the expert ans this

•••
Type domain..internet.com
How many traffic you getting?

•••
Type domain..internet.com
How many traffic you getting?
Only bought it a couple of days ago, so not a lot I expect. How would I track the traffic of a domain name?

•••
Park it in on www.voodoo.com or sedo.com and they'll provide you the analytics

•••
Worth whatever you can sell it for. :)

•••
Eye catching domain.. B-) + Typo :-/
Seems Interesting.. Don't forget to share sale value here.. :D
Would like to hear from experts about this :rolleyes:

•••
Eye catching domain.. B-) + Typo :-/
Seems Interesting.. Don't forget to share sale value here.. :D
Would like to hear from experts about this :rolleyes:
Thanks! I'm not intending it to be a typo domain, it's unethical.

Ideally, I'd like it to be used for it's intended purpose - internet solutions in Cameroon.

•••
Thanks! I'm not intending it to be a typo domain, it's unethical.

Ideally, I'd like it to be used for it's intended purpose - internet solutions in Cameroon.

Then in such case typo visits are add on bonus.. ;)

•••
•••
How much is reg fee

Too much I'm guessing

Don't do .cm

Best of luck in the future

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I'm from India as well, it's not high,
It's high as compared to other extensions like .com which are at 10$ or something like that,
It's more about the fact that if it's 98$ it's useless spending it unless you're making something from it.

•••
What I would recommend is to either building something on it,or pitching it to Mark Zuckerburg who bought Internet.org and other domains at exorbitant prices.

•••
I'm from India as well, it's not high,
It's high as compared to other extensions like .com which are at 10$ or something like that,
It's more about the fact that if it's 98$ it's useless spending it unless you're making something from it.

I said I am a newbie.. anyway It's my opinion.

•••
What I would recommend is to either building something on it,or pitching it to Mark Zuckerburg who bought Internet.org and other domains at exorbitant prices.
True. Internet.com sold for $18,000,000 a few years back.

I'll try and pitch it to a few people.

•••
I said I am a newbie.. anyway It's my opinion.

That's totally alright, you'd find a lot of people who share the same opinion as you,if someone has a domain portfolio of over a 10000 domains ,then they wouldn't want to spend 100$ per domain every year just for renewals,
any sale they make would probably just keep their portfolio afloat, and as i said,it totally depends upon what you're making from it

•••
It's not the value itself high, it is the value compared to other similar services that makes it high,
So. with $100 you can have much more choices (probably better choices).
That's why $100 is high.

•••
saw some decent sales of .CM domains, a notable one being LasVegas.CM for about $21k.
Two points: that sale was years ago I suppose. Today .cm domains hardly ever sell.
The biggest selling point anyway lies in type-in (typo) traffic.

Also, keep in mind that Kevin Ham had the opportunity to wildcard the whole .cm TLD to monetize the traffic, before .cm was released to the public. Which means anything left available to register is probably not worth the money in terms of traffic.

•••
Two points: that sale was years ago I suppose. Today .cm domains hardly ever sell.
The biggest selling point anyway lies in type-in (typo) traffic.

Also, keep in mind that Kevin Ham had the opportunity to wildcard the whole .cm TLD to monetize the traffic, before .cm was released to the public. Which means anything left available to register is probably not worth the money in terms of traffic.
Thanks for the feedback. I've since put the domain on Flippa - we'll see if anything comes back.

•••
The beauty of domaining is the "unpredictable" results, some awkward names sells unbelievable and some good ones sold on bargains, when you bought that name you might be considering that Cameroon companies will might have a good interest in buying it. The good thing is, every country, every cities around the world uses the internet and there is a good chance in selling it, but not sure how much. I myself registered some gtld's but on the country I am well familiar with.

•••
The auction is up to $300 at the moment.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back