Dynadot

purchases In March 2024, JMB acquired $8.5 million of intangible assets that included Gold.com’s domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Gold.com seems like it would exceed $8.5 million by itself. It's extremely flexible and would be ideal for any provider of premium goods and services, and is very easy to remember.

•••
Gold.com seems like it would exceed $8.5 million by itself. It's extremely flexible and would be ideal for any provider of premium goods and services, and is very easy to remember.

Based on the SEC filing the domain was valued at $8.5 but the title of the article is a little confusing as it makes it sound like it was part of a bunch of intangible assets in the sale that in total were valued at $8.5.

•••
•••
I voted fair for both sides.

In theory it could sell for a lot more. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see it sell for less.

I figured even at $1mil wholesale that's a great return.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Based on the SEC filing the domain was valued at $8.5 but the title of the article is a little confusing as it makes it sound like it was part of a bunch of intangible assets in the sale that in total were valued at $8.5.
In the body of the article, I did state the precise transaction price ($8,515,000) that came from the table on page 30 of the SEC filing, listed as "domain name". That was also in the Twitter poll, as noted above by Chris Hydrick. @Chris Hydrick

•••
Does anyone else think a "golden" opportunity was missed in the interim when this powerhouse domain was parked with simply a "Coming Soon" page?

For awhile it forwarded to Kay Jewelers.

•••
In the body of the article, I did state the precise transaction price ($8,515,000) that came from the table on page 30 of the SEC filing, listed as "domain name". That was also in the Twitter poll, as noted above by Chris Hydrick. @Chris Hydrick

Yes, but the article title is still confusing.

•••
This should be an 8 figures domain name . Big loss for the seller .. What is wrong with the seller to sell the best domain ever for 8M ?!

Last edited:
•••
This should be an 8 figures domain name . Big loss for the seller .. What is wrong with the buyer to sell the best domain ever for 8M ?!

1930s was the gold standard. Puzzled, in 2024 what's the NEW standard?

Last edited:
•••
Gold.com is better then voice.com ,NFTs.com , and even better the LasVegas.com ? The seller has no idea about domain industary !!

•••
sometime last year gold.net was sold for 50k at SEDO market

•••
Does anyone else think a "golden" opportunity was missed in the interim when this powerhouse domain was parked with simply a "Coming Soon" page?

For awhile it forwarded to Kay Jewelers.
I remember that and it been that way for years . It was owned chinese company .

Wondering how much kay sold domain for ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back