IT.COM

question Guidance about webhost service to list domains for slae

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cynthia Lin

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I am kinda new to the web and domaining world. So, basically I want to put my contact details and information that the domain is for sale on the domain name. Do we have to pay for webhost service like hostgator or are there free alternatives?

Thank you! All comments appreciated!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You need web hosting service only if you're going to have a website but if the domain is for sale you can list it on sedo.com, flippa.com, godaddy auction and many other places...

•••
I use my own sales pages on my own servers but I've had success with Bodis sales pages as well which are free to use.

•••
You need web hosting service only if you're going to have a website but if the domain is for sale you can list it on sedo.com, flippa.com, godaddy auction and many other places...

Hi Julio,

My strategy is I actually reach potential end users via email. So, I don't list on Flippa, Sedo, etc.
My domain is geo domain.

Sorry if my question is too stupid, but do we get to list our contact details if we list it on Flippa, Sedo, etc?

Thank you

•••
I use my own sales pages on my own servers but I've had success with Bodis sales pages as well which are free to use.

Hello,

I just googled Bodis and it turned out that it is for domain parking. Is what I want to do the same as domain parking?

Thank you!

•••
Hi Julio,

My strategy is I actually reach potential end users via email. So, I don't list on Flippa, Sedo, etc.
My domain is geo domain.

Sorry if my question is too stupid, but do we get to list our contact details if we list it on Flippa, Sedo, etc?

Thank you

No question is stupid.

Your information is already on the domain it's in the whois information at the registrar.

Did you get private whois when you first registered the domain?

•••
Hi everyone,

I am kinda new to the web and domaining world. So, basically I want to put my contact details and information that the domain is for sale on the domain name. Do we have to pay for webhost service like hostgator or are there free alternatives?

Thank you! All comments appreciated!

If you want to send outbound emails from an email like [email protected], you must get a hosting account or purchase professional email service from providers like Godaddy or Google. For hosting, hostgator is the best for sending emails from unlimited domains. 1 year for around $56 with coupons. Or if you want to send email from just one domain,go for Godaddy hosting which is available for $12 per year.

•••
If that's the case then OP can signup for zoho.com email service is free upto 25 users on one domain name it's just like gmail service.

Last edited:
•••
godaddy lets you have a free site for each name (i think) i have a few names with landing pages and a email contact option

•••
No question is stupid.

Your information is already on the domain it's in the whois information at the registrar.

Did you get private whois when you first registered the domain?

No, I didn't get private whois. I just think that if the potential user goes to the marketed domain, it would look more credible if I have my contact info on it. I don't operate as a company and I don't have a site dedicated to list all of the names that I have, that is why I want to increase my credibility.

Thank you.

•••
If you want to send outbound emails from an email like [email protected], you must get a hosting account or purchase professional email service from providers like Godaddy or Google. For hosting, hostgator is the best for sending emails from unlimited domains. 1 year for around $56 with coupons. Or if you want to send email from just one domain,go for Godaddy hosting which is available for $12 per year.

Thank you, but I send the email from my corporate email so that it would increase my credibility and wouldn't make me come across as a spammer. What I am looking for is one page site to put my contact details and a banner that the domain is for sale.

•••
godaddy lets you have a free site for each name (i think) i have a few names with landing pages and a email contact option

Hello,

Hmm I think that applies for websites that have go daddy subdomain in the name. Would you mind posting the link to that specific info?

Thank you!

•••
Last edited:
•••

go and stick with hostgator when you are new
they offer great service for the money

•••
It seems what exactly yo are looking for is that all your domain should have a page showing yor contact details.
In parking, it is next to possible, as no parking company will allow that. They have same template for all domains.
You need to get hosting, either free or paid and make a landing page with your contact details.
For multiple domains, if all domains show the same thing, you can create addon domains (depends on host whether they allow or not) and just point to the same name server.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back