IT.COM

Google Change Pagerank System

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

stscac

A Wealth of KnowledgeVIP Member
Impact
I am trying to check pagerank at a few different sites and some give me 67/10 and all others give unknown. Just wondering and seeing if i am just having bad luck or if anyone else has gotten this as well?

:!: :!: :!:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The only way you can change pagerank is by getting more links to your site and more out. I don't know how you could get 67/10. You must be thinking of something else.

•••
kjmz said:
The only way you can change pagerank is by getting more links to your site and more out. I don't know how you could get 67/10. You must be thinking of something else.
i am not trying to change my pagerank, just trying to see what it is currently. I've checked some popular sites and they are still either 67 or 0. I understand how the system is working.

•••
stscac said:
i am not trying to change my pagerank, just trying to see what it is currently. I've checked some popular sites and they are still either 67 or 0. I understand how the system is working.

Sorry about that it said change in the title, so I just automatically thought that. Anyways what is the domain that this is happening at? I know that there are some scripts that can do things like that.

•••
•••
Eveyone is experiencing the same thing. Maybe Google is eliminating the PR ...LOL

•••
There seems to be problem with google pagerank system, if you check google toolbar you would not see any color in pagerank bar.

Also, if you visit following page:

http://www.google.com/search?client=navclient-auto&q=

Its giving error, normally, this is used for displaying pagerank by number of pagerank calculators.

•••
Don't like this. Get ready -- Google may be about to shaft us again. Last time this happened it took me over 2 months to get my first page standing again.

Just looked & urltrends seems to be giving good values.

Last edited:
•••
•••
don't tell anyone else... you could make big $$$ out of this... infact - anyone want a banner on my site? only $50 a month, and you get 1 banner on the frontpage of my pr67 site!!! :D :lol:

•••
hehe

Well something is up with Google. That's for sure!

I can't wait to see what happens!

•••
yeah something is in the making. my pagerank for anysite doesnt work its just 'grey' not white w/ green bar

•••
bye bye pagerank :'(

i think pagerank will be replaseted with somthinbg else. [i.e. trustrank]

•••
•••
•••
My guess:

Goggle's PR formula (jealously guarded) had leaked (more like reverse-engineered) not too long ago. That's when various "PR checkers" started to pop everywhere. I think Google is changing their algo to make all these checkers totally useless. Just my guess... I know if I were Google, I would do that.

•••
explosive-hosting.com has Google PageRank 67
www.explosive-hosting.com has Google PageRank 67

yahoo.com has Google PageRank 67
www.yahoo.com has Google PageRank 67

There is a definetly a problem with it just look at the pageranks above. My site certainly does not have the same pagerank as yahoo. Hopefully they will fix this glitch soon.

•••
I'm also having problems with PR. Even google.com has a PR of 0...

•••
I've got a PR of 67 :D Wooo. Only if it was real <_<

I hope Google havn't done whatever they've done purposeley to screw up PR checkers <_<

•••
PoorDoggie said:
don't tell anyone else... you could make big $$$ out of this... infact - anyone want a banner on my site? only $50 a month, and you get 1 banner on the frontpage of my pr67 site!!! :D :lol:
haha great comment. I would expect this of google. I think it might have somethigng to do with their purchase of urchin software, developers of the worlds best web statistics software.

anyways, i hope there is a fix soon. Any other information/comments?

:!: :!: :!:

•••
FastArcade.com said:
I'm also having problems with PR. Even google.com has a PR of 0...

Yeah that is wierd and I also like your site but it seems you ran out of bandwith so now I can't see it. ;)

•••
Looks like we just have to wait and see what happens ! :D

Regards,

Studio:wave:

•••
whatever they are doing is killing my business

•••
food_consult said:
whatever they are doing is killing my business
How so? Do you sell PR links or is it having an effect on the traffic to your sites or something?

It doesn't bother me if Google does stuff with PR as long as it is to everybody. I'll be worried when it's only the PR from my sites which is all screwy.

•••
Possibly a totaly new pagerank system, From what I have read 0 will be the highest and 100 will be the lowest.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back