IT.COM

GoDaddy $4.19 Deal is Back!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
GoDaddy $4.19 Deal for Domain Names is Back!!

The Godaddy 4.19 deal is back! The original $1.99 domains with non-domain purchase ended in October, but they just opened up that deal again. Just add SMTP Relaying to your order and then apply the coupon code "David" and you'll get registration or transfer of .com/net/org/biz/info/us for only $4.19!
This is the link to SMTP Relaying: https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/products/smtp_relay.asp

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
david code did not work with renewal but code candy is dandy.......

•••
111111z said:
david code did not work with renewal but code candy is dandy.......

lol, nice one ;)

'The gdg### code didn't work for me when I tried buying a bunch of domains, still used one of the other codes. Heh, I love this godaddy deal. :)

•••
just killed smtp option, now minimum 3 month.......booooo

there watching us

•••
111111z said:
just killed smtp option, now minimum 3 month.......booooo

there watching us

It was just a matter of time. You knew they would pick up on it eventually :)

Just use the coupon codes. They are legit, they save you money, and you don't have to "game" the system. GoDaddy already offers some of the best pricing on domain names. I am certain that they will continue to do so, especially if customers don't cause the company unexpected loses (e.g. signing up for services that the purchaser has no intention of keeping.)

Don't get the wrong idea: I'm not trying to come off as self-righteous here. I just know how it is because I am a small business owner.

As always, IMO.

AmCy

•••
vip-ip said:
Their service sucks :) GOod luck with them

ahhh...oh no! how bad is yahoo's service? can I transfer to godaddy??!

:td:

•••
www.AmCy.org said:
I agree with that. When you find a loophole don't be too greedy and avoid telling too many people! Because too many customers at a time or a few too greedy taking advantage of it, leads to prompt discovery and fixing.

•••
wildbest said:
www.AmCy.org said:
I agree with that. When you find a loophole don't be too greedy and avoid telling too many people! Because too many customers at a time or a few too greedy taking advantage of it, leads to prompt discovery and fixing.

Lol! *rolls eyes* Godaddy likes loop holes, it keeps them open for months...

•••
Iravan said:

So, you think that GoDaddy "likes it" when people signup for SMTP with every intention of cancelling the service right away? :| :| :|

Most medium to large scale retailers give bargain hunters the opportunity to get some extra savings, hence the coupon codes. Exploiting the SMTP loophole is a very different matter.

As always, IMO.

AmCy

•••
www.AmCy.org said:
Iravan said:

So, you think that GoDaddy "likes it" when people signup for SMTP with every intention of cancelling the service right away? :| :| :|

Most medium to large scale retailers give bargain hunters the opportunity to get some extra savings, hence the coupon codes. Exploiting the SMTP loophole is a very different matter.

As always, IMO.

AmCy

Well seeing as they kept the 5.19 loophole open for 2 months *at least* and this loop hole for a month or more, it seems to be that they are benfitting it in some way. I am sure they are aware of the loopholes almost right away, some they have been known to close... other remain open...

•••
Hopefully there will be a few more soon - as I need to reigster a few domains for various sites I am working on developing.

If anyone finds another "loophole", please feel free to let me know, and I'll send some NP$ your way.

Stephen

•••
Iravan said:
It is a marketing approach. Definitely, they like it when a lot of people are speaking on a lot of domain related forums about GD. They prefer to give you a buck or two bonus instead of giving it for just one click to Google or Yahoo for their ad services.

•••
wildbest said:
Iravan said:
It is a marketing approach. Definitely, they like it when a lot of people are speaking on a lot of domain related forums about GD. They prefer to give you a buck or two bonus instead of giving it for just one click to Google or Yahoo for their ad services.

Yep... They dont need to advertise much... we find loophole and do it for them...

•••
wildbest said:
They prefer to give you a buck or two bonus instead of giving it for just one click to Google or Yahoo for their ad services.

good point. Word of mouth is always going to be more powerful than PPC.... dont they say rumours spread faster than forest fire ;)

•••
ive never seen this before

Ive never seen this before whats it all about.

•••
sean14592 said:
Ive never seen this before whats it all about.

It's about leaving a bug in your system that does your business more good than harm ;)

•••
Iravan said:
Yep... They dont need to advertise much... we find loophole and do it for them...
wildbest said:
They prefer to give you a buck or two bonus instead of giving it for just one click to Google or Yahoo for their ad services...

Heh...maybe.

I'm going to post on Bob Parson's blog and ask, unless you folks think I shouldn't...

AmCy

•••
www.AmCy.org said:
Heh...maybe.

I'm going to post on Bob Parson's blog and ask, unless you folks think I shouldn't...

AmCy

The whole thing is about market segmentation... an end user will pay the 'full' price for their 1-3 domains. Regular domainers will renew everything under the discount and reg another load as well in short bursts to take advantage of the perceived limited time offers. The loopholes are generally only known to the domain community forum members. You will not get a straight answer from the GD marketing office. All the morality talk is pure junk.

•••
•••
What are the other codes that you can use?

Stevo

•••
•••
SMTP are now sold in 3 months min. packages, so the 4.19 $ promo is no longer available.

Now the best deal is 6.19 $ (online file folder + 1$ off coupon code).

•••
GoDaddy knows about the loopholes, they put them there on purpose. Think about it like this, I was going to reg a few domains one day and I read this thread. Usually when I reg domains I either register them with namecheap, directi, yahoo or domainsite. Every once in a while I'll reg one at godaddy. Because of this thread I decided to go with godaddy for the domains. The funny thing I couldn't get the loophole to get it super cheap, but I got it for like $7 each or something like that (which is still cheap). The point is I wouldn't have used godaddy if it wasn't for the loophole. godaddy wants to remain a market leader and if it involves taking a little loss or a very small gain from a registration sometimes, it's alright. It's all in the business plan. That's why Yahoo does it and everyone else. They know not everyone invests in domains, some will find the loopholes while the vast majority pay full price. The more customers you have, the better chance you have for upgrades and future purchases later.

I just used this one for a .net purchase gdg103130 and it took $2 off the final price.

Last edited:
•••
You can still use the smtp loophole. Every WWD reseller that offers $1.99 promo and smtp $1 will do. smtp is for 3 month now but still is a value. $1.99+3x$1+$0.25=$5.24 is a very good price!

•••
where do you find the $1 smtp wwd reseller? for godaddy

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back