Dynadot

Getting Along without Google

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm curious if some of you have managed to have successful sites (lots of traffic, etc.) without being ranked well (or at all) on Google. I have a couple of sites that are doing pretty well despite low ranking on Google.
1) This first one is a private industry forum with many pages that are private and therefore not indexed by google, yet maintains a growing membership.
2) The second one is doing really well because it has somewhat of a following among a small but dedicated group that has mostly heard about it because of a couple of other sites that are well ranked.

I'd love to hear about your sites that are successful without Google. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well, I currently don't have much a choice to survive w/o google since they are complicating things so much lately. But my websites get anywhere from 300-1,800 unique visits a day from first page rankings on msn and yahoo. In a month or two I will start some link building campaigns so I can compete on google...

•••
i get good traffic terrible listings on all SE's
it is a blog though

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back