Dynadot

Geodomain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello Guys,

I just want to ask if it's ok to buy a geodomain. For example I'm not from us but i want to buy city domain. like [city name].com or [city name].net is it ok?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yeah its alright but will cost you a pretty penny

•••
the term geodomain refers to domain names that are the same as those of geographic entities, such as cities and countries. examples of geodomains are atlanta.com, losangeles.com, texas.com and memphis.org. since geographical names are limited in number.

•••
c/n/o are freehold. Anyone can own them.

puregeo.com's of cities are expensive. The more relevant the area, the more expensive they are. The best are fantastically expensive (LasVegas.com was secured via a very long term lease for tens of millions)

I'm a huge HUGE fan of puregeo.org. Much more so than .net.
The only catch you're going to run in to is that developing these names to their maximum capacity usually involves boots on the ground. You're going to have a hard time wringing out the maximum potential of one if you aren't able to press flesh and talk to advertisers direct.

•••
Dongsman your avatar creeps me out but nice post!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back