Domain Empire

new gtlds From Donuts.co to Donuts.Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
When Donuts first launched, the company used a .CO domain name, Donuts.CO, for its website. The company recently changed its url to Donuts.Domains. I presume this news was announced at DomainFest Asia (and reported via tweet by Colin Campbell of the .Club Registry).

Source: Domain Investing

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it is logical, good move ; )

•••
I guess it was my idea. Please look at this https://www.namepros.com/threads/dot-company.819344/#post-4626222
1.png

(March 26, 2014)

Donuts should hire me :)

•••
lol You proposed .company, .domains is better, they are focused in domains :)

•••
A meaningful long TLD is better than meaningless short TLD... Bye Bye .com

•••
A meaningful long TLD is better than meaningless short TLD... Bye Bye .com

Yeah... that is not going to happen... way too much time and money has been invested into the millions upon millions of .COM websites that are now active for .COM to just fall off the face of the earth.

There is surely going to be a shift in how we handle websites and the extensions but I think there will be an equilibrium of sorts that will happen *over time*.
As time goes on and more nTLDs are utilized in every day life (thus expanding recognition) we will probably see a point that the internet truly becomes the "internet of things" instead of the internet of websites. In other words, websites, domain names, and right side of the dot does not matter as much as what you are trying to look up and the content it brings.

Just some thoughts... but until that time (probably years from now), .COM is king.

Cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back