Domain Empire

Follow My 20 dollar to a Baller Challenge

Spaceship
Watch

Jelani Abdus-Salaam

puryr.comEstablished Member
Impact
So, before I start I wanted to say thanks to everyone in the community who have welcomed me.

I know I am young to the domain game, but everyday I learn something new and I have been reading blogs nonstop. I know that doesn't make me an expert by any means, but I like a challenge, so I decided to to partake in Ali's 20 dollar to a baller challenge. I thought it would be cool if I started a thread following my journey.

I intend to post the domains I buy, the domains I sell, and my thought process throughout the challenge. This will not only give myself insight by sharing, but also give the community a chance to offer their input so not only I grow as an investor but those who read can grow as well.

Each day I will try to post, kind of like a micro blog. So please give insight, and any information you believe will be beneficial!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Haha, what a thread! I just came here and when I saw the Arizonafleet name, I was thinking; this will NEVER work. But just a few messages below, I was proven wrong.

Very well done! Just continue to rock 'n' roll!

•••
Well done @Jelani Abdus-Salaam You've had better success than me and many other domainers when they first start out. You've read, sought advice and took your time. I wasted loads of money in the beginning being to eager and trusting free valuation services. If only more newbies were as smart and as patient as you are being.

Well done!
Thank you mate! Very true, I was scared that I wouldn't sell it but now that I have I learned so much about the process...mainly to do more research when buying GEO +Keyword domains

•••
•••
•••
•••
Congrats on your sale.
I will follow how your challenge evolves.
Good luck !

•••
wow, I'm definitely following this thread now :)

Great F***ing job man!

•••
Just stopped in to say big congrats on your first sale and graduating from college...

Best of luck on your journey...

•••
Don't forget to share your perils and pitfalls, and not just positive results.

If your keeping it honest, there will be quite a few.
Of course, nothing is always peachy haha

•••
Just stopped in to say big congrats on your first sale and graduating from college...

Best of luck on your journey...
Thanks so much for the congratulations!

•••
•••
Personally I like the domain challenge apart from the time constraint since it takes like 7-8 days for Godaddy to hand me Bargain Bin domains. So don't consider the time factor a hard and fast rule.

But apart from that, Domaining has a huge learning curve and I wish every darn day of my life that Ali wrote the baller challenge post a year ago because I would have saved a lot of money.

Today Jelani has $100 spare money that he made from domaining that he can invest rather than using his own. At least we know that first 3-4 steps work. :)
Very hard and fast, researched three different domains that would make a good buy and sold way more than I was willing to spend (over 100) so its deff hard to find a name worth investing in, thats for sure.

•••
Very hard and fast, researched three different domains that would make a good buy and sold way more than I was willing to spend (over 100) so its deff hard to find a name worth investing in, thats for sure.
You don't have to spend all 100. Maybe spend 50 - 60 bucks and see where it takes you. :)

•••
•••
@Jelani Abdus-Salaam @Zandibot A number of people around Namepros seem to be interested in documenting how they're doing at the baller challenge (everybody likes a challenge I guess lol). New thread or this thread?
Everybody loves a challenge, that is true. I'm glad I sparked an interest in documenting it!

I think it would be cool to have a thread, where everyone can document their journey. I intend to continue the challenge on this thread, but im not sure what would be best

•••
Everybody loves a challenge, that is true. I'm glad I sparked an interest in documenting it!

I think it would be cool to have a thread, where everyone can document their journey. I intend to continue the challenge on this thread, but im not sure what would be best

That's cool Jelani. You're a trailblazer. That's good. You kinda answered without answering - new thread may be best. lol.

•••
•••
Hey Jelani, how's it going so far? :)

•••
Love the concept here. Have you had any further successes? Would love an update!

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Got to ask why that name. I live in Arizona and the only "fleet" I can think of is a fleet of cars and there is not much business except 2 that could use the domain. If you reach out to them and they decline then I see it as a very hard sell to anyone else UNLESS a new startup comes into town and I dont see any on the horizon
Only time will tell ;)

Day 4000:

After still not being able to find a customer for ArizonaFleet domain, Jelani found a company for naval transportation, named it Arizona Fleet and became one of richest ship owners in the world.

hahaha only in a perfect world, my decision to buy arizonafleet is apart of the learning process...it may be a bad decision it may not. Only time will tell.

•••
W
I believe the first step states to keep a fixed price of $100 here at Namepros and sell it for $40 after negotiating. Now that you have revealed that you have bought the domain name, the value of the domain name and how an expert domainer like Abdul Basit thinks that the domain name is a "low quality domain", you have made a huge mistake. You have eliminated Namepros users and have narrowed it down to just business owners.
Don't worry, that is where the big bucks come in but it is a time consuming process.

Go to ZFBot

Step 1: Type in "ArizonaFleet".
Step 2: Encircle the "or" option that indicates starts with "or" ends with.
Step 3: Find the best 25-30 established businesses.
Step 4: Whois their email.
Step 5: Send Emails and personalize them. Don't spam.
Step 6: Wait for reply "How much"
Step 7: Don't be greedy or fall in love with the domain. Quot a price around 350 and agree if they're paying even 150.
Step 8: Collect the funds via paypal or escrow and then only post it here. No deal is ever completed without money in your hand.
Step 9: Buy me a Beer. ;)

Remember this is a time consuming process but totally worth it. Next time don't post the name you buy until you have sold it. What if somebody Googles A/R/I/Z/O/N/A/Fleet.com and find this thread and the fact that you bought it for $20 and are asking 400 for it?

Don't worry. We all make mistakes. I still make them every now and then. Just don't give up. Domaining is not all kittens and rainbows.

Best of luck!
Wow, thank you so much for this comment, still waiting for GoDaddy to give me the domain name. How long does this usually take?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back