Dynadot

advice Don't Abuse GoDaddy Promos: They will delete your account!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
Hi...

I was just informed that a newly created GoDaddy account of mine was deleted for coupon abuse. The pun is this is I'm Jewish, and well, I didn't know that was such a thing. In my culture, coupons are as good as cash. I am very upset right now. :(

Dear GoDaddy Customer,

Thank you for being our valued customer. Your account has been reviewed by our verification office as a precautionary measure to defend you from possible misuse of either your payment method or products in your account. As a result of this review, your recent order(s) in shopper account ######## have been cancelled. Please note that refunds issued to the original payment method are normally processed by your payment provider and/or issuing bank within five to 10 business days. However, some payment providers may hold the funds for a full billing cycle or longer. For further information regarding refund processing timeframes, or if you require assistance locating a refund submitted back to your original payment method, please direct your inquiry to your financial institution.

If you feel this action has been taken in error and would like to request reinstatement, please login to your account with us today. During the login process, our secure site will prompt you to upload a viewable, scanned copy of the payment method account holder's government-issued photo identification, such as a driver's license or passport. In the comments box, we ask that you also provide a brief explanation of how you intend to use the product(s) purchased.

Upon receipt of the requested documentation, we will re-evaluate the status of your account. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,
Verification Office

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Would it make sense to push your domains out of any remaining offending accounts?

I was afraid that because he is already being looked at, that might set the fraud alert again.

That is my thoughts as well. I'm debating weather or not to continuing purchasing on my Godaddy accounts not abusing promo codes. Hoping if they recieve my $$$ they won't cancel my existing accounts.

•••
i just want post some funny actually..

p/s~ i know that. :P psycho
Who you calling a Psycho?

34031-cute-psycho.jpg

•••
That is my thoughts as well. I'm debating weather or not to continuing purchasing on my Godaddy accounts not abusing promo codes. Hoping if they recieve my $$$ they won't cancel my existing accounts.

It might just be wise to let things cool off for a couple days and not do anything, just so something doesn't trigger a response again. I don't want to see you lose more domains.

Maybe you should just:
l.jpg

•••
Update:

A third account has been found with recent domain purchases being cancelled. However, in this seasonsed account, the other domains have not yet been affected and unlike the other shut downs, this account has remained open.

•••
Update:

A third account has been found with recent domain purchases being cancelled. However, in this seasonsed account, the other domains have not yet been affected and unlike the other shut downs, this account has remained open.
Wow, they really like you. I think if they catch you 4 times Danica Patrick comes by to give you a booty kicking! ;)
PatrickGoDaddy.jpg

•••
•••
•••
Here is the warning email I receieved, and mistakely overlooked. The email accounts that were deleted were created after this email was sent.

Support Staff Response
Thank you for being our valued customer. The terms for one or more promotional offers used in the referenced shopper account state that Go Daddy reserves the right to deny use of the offers and/or cancel domains purchased using the offers if the offers are abused or used fraudulently, as determined by Go Daddy in its sole discretion.

To avoid cancellation of future orders, please refrain from creating additional customer accounts to circumvent cart restrictions placed on promotional offers.

Respectfully,
Verification Office

If you need further assistance with this matter, please contact customer service at (480) 505-8877 and reference [Incident ID: ########].
Thanks,
GoDaddy

P.S. To thank you for your business, take 20%* off your next new product order. Simply enter gdbbc687 in your shopping cart or mention the offer code when you call (480) 505-8877.

Last edited:
•••
Well, they took your domains but at least they gave you a 20% off code. That seems fair. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
So they warned not to create any more accounts for coupon use, and deleted only the accounts that were created after the warning.

•••
I talked recently with GD. Their service representative told me that she saw that i use GD coupons and she warned me that their system Identifies users that buying domain only with coupons and the system blocked them for buying more domains with coupons...

•••
We'll see what happens. I bought two domains today using $2 promos. [previously, I only used the $1 promos]

•••
Scary stuff. I'm done with GoDaddy now and I will transfer any valuable names away from them.

•••
I talked recently with GD. Their service representative told me that she saw that i use GD coupons and she warned me that their system Identifies users that buying domain only with coupons and the system blocked them for buying more domains with coupons...
Well their system either doesn't work or the rep is full of it. I have done nothing but that for a year...

•••
We'll see what happens. I bought two domains today using $2 promos. [previously, I only used the $1 promos]

will you be complaining if it happens again?

•••
I'd probably give up on domaining for a bit, and go camp in a self sustained community in california without internet for a month or two.

I'm really trying to do it right, in that I'm not opening additional accounts, clearing my cookies, or even using gift cards for that matter.

•••
I'd probably give up on domaining for a bit, and go camp in a self sustained community in california without internet for a month or two.

I'm really trying to do it right, in that I'm not opening additional accounts, clearing my cookies, or even using gift cards for that matter.

WITHOUT INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crazy-people.jpg

•••
More like this guy. I bring my laptop everywhere! My only way to detox from the internet is to visit the marijuanadomains server farm

Jesus-using-laptop.jpg

sub the macbook for a lenovo

•••
More like this guy. I bring my laptop everywhere! My only way to detox from the internet is to visit the marijuanadomains server farm

Jesus-using-laptop.jpg

sub the macbook for a lenovo
Wait! You are a Lenovo man???

•••
Currently, yes. Although, I'd say I'm ready for a new laptop.

•••
Currently, yes. Although, I'd say I'm ready for a new laptop.
Well your stock just went up! LOL

I have been using Lenovo products (1st just because, no reason) for about 3 years. After buying a tablet, I got a laptop, then more for family and friends and I have been extremely happy with them.

I have been an eGeek (someone who loves electronics) all my life and I have owned just about every major brand of computers/laptops and theirs have been unbelievably great. I have been telling people to try them out and everyone has been very happy.

I used to be a Toshiba man but the last couple I bought were nothing but junk. Hopefully they get better again...

Anyway, I just noticed the Lenovo remark and had to open my mouth. LOL

•••
PS @ulterios Happy Birthday! I didn't realize you turned one years old as a NamePros member today. A few hundred more messages, and that VIP banner is yours =]

•••
PS @ulterios Happy Birthday! I didn't realize you turned one years old as a NamePros member today. A few hundred more messages, and that VIP banner is yours =]

Thanks, I was actually just posting about it here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/thanks-to-all-np-members-for-a-great-informative-1st-year.850507/

I realized a little while ago and started to write a post and got half way done and had to make dinner so I paused.

Yeah, I can't remember how many posts you have to have for the VIP. It will be nice to get one day but I am mainly here to learn, help others and have fun. The people on here are great, even some of the crazy ones make it interesting here. Some are like me :
cheese.jpeg

•••
Does anyone now exactly, how many coupons you can use before you get your account locked / domains repossessed ? Or how many coupons did you use without ever paying full price for a domain?
I joined godaddy just because of the coupons. One account. When I run out of .99 codes, I can switch to 1.49, then 1.99 and so on. Untill 5. Probabbly you all done it before, so, how many did you use?

•••
I think my problem was that I was mainly targeted the 99 codes. That and of course continually opening new accounts when the 5 +limit/ cookie reset / codes used per card/ multiple prepaid cards were exhausted. I pushed the limits beyond the average domainers coupon approach. #domainaddiction

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back