IT.COM

advice Domain Name VS PPC Advertising

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Domain names are vital in the fight for the first page on search engines! Search isn’t everything, but consider that 89% of customers begin the buying process at a search engine, it can not be ignored! Domain names are key to branding AND cost savings to those expensive PPC ad campaigns and greatly help with organic rankings!
I love domain names for branding, because buying a great domain name is like buying a great brand, not just building one from scratch...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domain names are vital in the fight for the first page on search engines!

I think that myth was dispelled quite some time ago, at least as far as Google goes. Domain name may still make a minor difference for ranking,but they're certainly not vital. Contents, links and website structure are FAR more important.

•••
I think that myth was dispelled quite some time ago, at least as far as Google goes. Domain name may still make a minor difference for ranking,but they're certainly not vital. Contents, links and website structure are FAR more important.

here is the real news:

Leonard BrittFebruary 10, 2016 at 9:47 am Reply
The stats about organic search traffic may not consider the trend in recent years of placing paid ads above organic results. Consequently a site which ranks #3 organically may get far less search traffic than it would have ten years ago. On the other hand, if someone is searching for something and the domain in the paid ad is the exact phrase as the search phrase, I believe the odds of a click-through are much higher compared to an inferior-quality domain.

•••
@frank-germany picked out the important bit. Using an exact match domain for a paid advertiser = higher CTR, thus lower PPC bid prices.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back