Domain Empire

.de .DE With English Words - Worth Investing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi, I recently stumbled a dictionary word .DE domains. Domains is registered on most extensions. Domains is a English word, but not the same in German.

So I was thinking, Is it good to invest on .DE dictionary words or keywords when its English?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
From what i can gather most Germans understand/speak English so they will understand words not sure how they will fit in .DE extensions i asked this in another thread and got mixed reviews.

But hey i'm only just venturing out into this world so it's all new to me.

Sorry i can't be more help.

•••
Any more ideas German friends?

•••
It is hit and miss. You need to research the search volume in Germany and do searches as if you were searching from Germany and see what comes up. There are even a few English words with different meanings in Germany. For example "handy" means "cell phone" in Germany. "Mobil" is also common but "handy" is the main word. You would only be able to find out that by living in Germany or doing research. Or you could PM me.

•••
guys im swiss (mother language german). if you have any question about the language just send me a private message or open a new thread i will gladly answer all of your questions:)

•••
Just sharing the experience. In the past tried to register germanwords.me - did not work out really.

•••
It is hit and miss. You need to research the search volume in Germany and do searches as if you were searching from Germany and see what comes up. There are even a few English words with different meanings in Germany. For example "handy" means "cell phone" in Germany. "Mobil" is also common but "handy" is the main word. You would only be able to find out that by living in Germany or doing research. Or you could PM me.

Ahh, just last night I was researching some words in german for a couple of potential domains. Took me a while, but finally learned about "handy" or "handys" in plural. Surprisingly a lot of people referred to it as "smartphones" online as well, but I don't think they'd use it on a daily basis.

Where I live we rarely refer to them as smartphones even if they are.

•••
I would have thought that using English words in the German ccTLD is about as stupid using German words in the .us/.co.uk ccTLDs

•••
I would have thought that using English words in the German ccTLD is about as stupid using German words in the .us/.co.uk ccTLDs
Normaly that is true but if you registered something like kidergarden.com or manager.de then it would be different. There are some Engish words that are intergrated into German.

•••
I did post my comment with a bit of tongue in cheek because I do understand what you are talking about. But I'm glad that you basically agree, that it is stupid most of the time. So buyer beware.

•••
It's the same in other ccTLDs. Some very generic keywords like job info etc are valuable because they are also used in the local language.
Many companies also use brandable domains made up from English keywords.

Now duiattoryney.de is garbage. .de is flooded with bad regs so good luck finding a good domain with English keywords.

•••
hi,
if somone needs a tip...pm me..i am from germany.
yeah it makes (mostly) no sense to reg dot DE domains with englisch keys, but...!
if the keyword is a burning one premium name like wearables, drone, etc...
you can buy it. unfortunately these keys are all gone !

greatings

•••
I say yes, I have found they work if you get popular/generic words/phrases that seem to work everywhere.

I had some interest last year in a couple of <englishwords>.de but never managed to sell them as the offer wasnt enough.

Check DNJournal and there are weekly sales of "english" .DE domains

I just sold a "3-domain" package this week to a german company for low to mid xx,xxx which were english words as well

I find it also helps to check if german companies have offices in other english speaking countries as well

•••
I haven't had much luck with English words on the .de domain but I did find some one German word ones still available. I'm researching at the moment to see if they are worth registering.

The only issue is the ''ä'' in both words. In the domain I have to use a normal English style ''a'' and the search results are far lower than below.

With the ''ä''

The first has 720 monthly searches.

The second has 5400 monthly searches.

•••
Are these names any good in .de?

smartbands.de
blendedreality.de
smartmanufacturing.de
smartbands.de
smartbracelet.de
industrialinternet.de ----> all extensions are taken

Thanks!

•••
english words are worth on any cctld either Germany/France/Spain . but more suitable is their native language.
without knowledge of german language booking domain will not help you.
translate any english word to german, you will find more match,so it will be very difficult to book which one.
so my suggestion chat with someone who knew german then register your fav domain
cheers
good luck!

•••
Hi Guys,

u have inspired me to check some names, and I have found :

DrohneService.de available as Drohne-Service.de was registered by Deutche Telecom, so it triggered my attention , so it is reged by me now ,-)

Actually these are German words, at least I think.

•••
Hi All,

From experience as I am representing an associate in selling a portfolio of predominately .de domains and working for 2 domain registrars the global value of .de will never be up there with the top gTLD's but like anything if there is demand which there is of course in Germany then there is some value.

The portfolio I am representing is a mix of English and German where my advice and where the value £$ is - go for a words that cross both languages.

•••
Can someone fluent in German tell me the word used for ads or advertisements.

•••
ads = Anzeigen
advertisement = Werbung

•••
I like English .de domains. Many people in Germany understand English very well. In additon to that, English domains sounds often pretty cool and are brandable. I have seen many sales of domains of that kind. We own some high quality English .de domains, like:
  • advertisements.de
  • smartglasses.de
  • ecommercesummit.de
  • microinvestment.de
  • domaintraders.de
  • startupinvestments.de
  • megaboost.de
In my opinion, the most Germans understand the meaning of such words. Some English terms are even more common in Germany than the German equivalents. On the other hand you should avoid less common words that are difficult to write. Such domains would cause many typos in Germany.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back