NameSilo

Broker Needed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Rich, I'm guessing I'm no more offended at being called a hoarder with my 150 names than you are with your 1200 names.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter how a few outliers refer to you or what they think of you, as long as your reputation is intact and you feel good about the contributions you've made at the end of that day.

So are you going to list your names? Happy to give you some tips on doing it if you need them.
No, I'm in the process of listing "some" of my names at "NoDaddy" (Rob Monsters name). However, here is where you can help me; i'm seeking a competent broker who can assist/partner with me in areas of both "inbound" and "outbound" domain sales. I'm hoping that someone reading this finds an offer of a 20-35% commission enough of an incentive to raise their hand(n)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've been in the domain game for awhile like 20 years. I've also been a web developer for even longer and thought I could roll my own - wrong.

Yes, I can do all the technical stuff and it kinda sorta works but things change and keeping up with 100's if not 1,000's of domains becomes way too much.

So after trying to do it all myself which really was a pain, instead now I let some other service take care of it for me and focus on the more important stuff like actually selling what I have. And along the way improve my buying and selling skills.

I still program, but the projects I work on now are for a much more important part of my plan and not just the basic things.

I hope that helps.
Brad...we may have talked before, but here is a response to a post on another thread I started about "commission" brokers;

When asked if I could use someones help listing my names somewhere/anywhere;

"No, I'm in the process of listing "some" of my names at "NoDaddy" (Rob Monsters name). However, here is where you can help me; i'm seeking a competent broker who can assist/partner with me in areas of both "inbound" and "outbound" domain sales. I'm hoping that someone reading this finds an offer of a 20-35% commission enough of an incentive to raise their hand(n)"

Thanks

ps. and I will assist them with some of my outbound strategies to sell domains to specific industries like; Real Estate and trades, Financial Services, Food/Restaurant/Culinary, Healthcare, etc.

•••
Well, I told Richard what I would tell anyone:

- The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. The folks who build their business model around selling to people who are not rich, can expect to not do well. The rich have budget. They are rational people who can afford the best. Well, in general, right now that means .COM.

- Outbound selling rarely works. I know, we tried it for years and optimized the daylights out of it. In general, the people who have the money to buy domains for big budget don't want to be reached. They will reach you. Many of them have "money is no object" budget.

As for Richard, he has creative talent. I will grant him that. He regularly registers domains at Godaddy, paying too much, and then asks me what I think. I tell him I think he should register at Epik. :)

I believe Richard would do well to use his creative talents to conceive of compelling brand names, set Epik-powered SSL landers on them like these:

And then just wait patiently for the inquiries

The math is simple. If he registers 1000 creatively inspired names, and sells 1 name per year at $10,000 or better, he is ahead of the game. Those odds are not horrible if you have the gonads to ask for 6 figures for a well-conceived brandable.

Rob my brother...so according to you I'm a "creative talent", selling "art" (your words, not mine), and you don't think a creative talent like mine has a chance of succeeding at "outbound" domain sales where you failed? And I'm willing to pay you a commission of from 20 - 35% to "Make Something Happen" like this? Maybe you know someone who might like to work with me to revolutionize domaining the way I'm revolutionizing golf:xf.wink: Anyone else reading this feel free to PM me. Thanks

•••
Rob my brother...so according to you I'm a "creative talent", selling "art" (your words, not mine), and you don't think a creative talent like mine has a chance of succeeding at "outbound" domain sales where you failed? And I'm willing to pay you a commission of from 20 - 35% to "Make Something Happen" like this? Maybe you know someone who might like to work with me to revolutionize domaining the way I'm revolutionizing golf:xf.wink: Anyone else reading this feel free to PM me. Thanks

I am not saying outbound does not work at all.

I am saying that the downside is greater than the upside and that inbound works better if you have good names and have the luxury of time.

However, for each his own. The advice was free.

•••
I am not saying outbound does not work at all.

I am saying that the downside is greater than the upside and that inbound works better if you have good names and have the luxury of time.

However, for each his own. The advice was free.
Rob...let me give you an example of why I think you and I may have made good business partners. Now let me paint this picture for you...Just four months ago, I identified why golf worldwide is seriously on the decline. In my area alone, 1 in 10 golf courses have closed because;

1. Golf takes too long to play - an average round including lunch, practice, transportation to and from the course takes about 6 hours.

2. Golf is too expensive - the "average" round of golf costs $40 to $50

3. Golf is too hard - most people give it up before they really learn how to play it

I'm developing 9Time™ via a subscription business model that is a solution to ALL of the above.
I can't go into detail here, but I knew getting into this I needed to surround myself with competent people in a number of areas; Leadership - I needed a PGA Professional to oversee the entire operation, and I now have one who will add value by helping develop rules and reg's, promoting his/her courses as 9Time facilities, and helping attract new facilities. Fortunately I've located such an individual and he's perfect for the job. Technical - this is where I need more help to develop our website, our subscription business model and an app that will help drive business any number of ways. I'm in talks with a group out of Richmond who would be perfect for that role. And finally, I need Administrative talent, financial services, and legal advice.

Rob, most everything I'm doing "evolves around the #9 to the extent the pro gives 9 minute lessons for $9, 9Time members get a 9% discount in the pro shop, golf balls look like a 9 Ball from pool, and we own 20-30 domains with the #9 like, HappyHour9.com, Sunset9.com and 9TimeWine, etc.
Also, to attract sweat equity in key areas of my company, 9% equity is part of the benefit for key individuals up to 36% of the company, and the RIGHT people.

I tell you this Rob, because I've always had pretty good ideas above and beyond the pale. I've trademarked 9Time™ because it's about the "catchiest" name for a new game, you'll ever find. Combine that with the logo we've created that includes a golf ball in the "o" part of the 9, and a golf tee forms the "T" in Time like I'd paid a graphic artist tens of thousands of $$$ to create it.

That's all for now Rob, but my point is, I think you know we could have made pretty good partners when I reg'd the domain CrewHappens™ and offered to give it to you because you crewed at Cornell, and you probably don't remember how I knew that? That's it Rob...i was just saying:xf.wink:

•••
Rob...let me give you an example of why I think you and I may have made good business partners. Now let me paint this picture for you...Just four months ago, I identified why golf worldwide is seriously on the decline. In my area alone, 1 in 10 golf courses have closed because;

1. Golf takes too long to play - an average round including lunch, practice, transportation to and from the course takes about 6 hours.

2. Golf is too expensive - the "average" round of golf costs $40 to $50

3. Golf is too hard - most people give it up before they really learn how to play it

I'm developing 9Time™ via a subscription business model that is a solution to ALL of the above.
I can't go into detail here, but I knew getting into this I needed to surround myself with competent people in a number of areas; Leadership - I needed a PGA Professional to oversee the entire operation, and I now have one who will add value by helping develop rules and reg's, promoting his/her courses as 9Time facilities, and helping attract new facilities. Fortunately I've located such an individual and he's perfect for the job. Technical - this is where I need more help to develop our website, our subscription business model and an app that will help drive business any number of ways. I'm in talks with a group out of Richmond who would be perfect for that role. And finally, I need Administrative talent, financial services, and legal advice.

Rob, most everything I'm doing "evolves around the #9 to the extent the pro gives 9 minute lessons for $9, 9Time members get a 9% discount in the pro shop, golf balls look like a 9 Ball from pool, and we own 20-30 domains with the #9 like, HappyHour9.com, Sunset9.com and 9TimeWine, etc.
Also, to attract sweat equity in key areas of my company, 9% equity is part of the benefit for key individuals up to 36% of the company, and the RIGHT people.

I tell you this Rob, because I've always had pretty good ideas above and beyond the pale. I've trademarked 9Time™ because it's about the "catchiest" name for a new game, you'll ever find. Combine that with the logo we've created that includes a golf ball in the "o" part of the 9, and a golf tee forms the "T" in Time like I'd paid a graphic artist tens of thousands of $$$ to create it.

That's all for now Rob, but my point is, I think you know we could have made pretty good partners when I reg'd the domain CrewHappens™ and offered to give it to you because you crewed at Cornell, and you probably don't remember how I knew that? That's it Rob...i was just saying:xf.wink:

I am a fan of Crawl, Walk, Run in many things. The easiest step for anyone to do when partnering with us to get them to start registering domains at Epik.

As for trademarks, that has not been a big theme for us. If there was a demand for it, it would not be too hard to automate a trademark submission workflow for a newly registered domain that was strategic.

In the meantime, keep swinging for the fences with your brandables. Like they say: every dog has its day. Then again perhaps it is more like almost every dog has its day:

upload_2019-10-28_15-30-42.png

•••
I am a fan of Crawl, Walk, Run in many things. The easiest step for anyone to do when partnering with us to get them to start registering domains at Epik.

As for trademarks, that has not been a big theme for us. If there was a demand for it, it would not be too hard to automate a trademark submission workflow for a newly registered domain that was strategic.

In the meantime, keep swinging for the fences with your brandables. Like they say: every dog has its day. Then again perhaps it is more like almost every dog has its day:

Show attachment 133235
So Rob...I remember what you said to Margo and her crew about me last year in Vegas. I thought Margot and Brand Bucket were going to help me, but like most everyone else I've had the misfortune of knowing in this industry, she and here crew were worthless. I just came from dinner where I met a comedian JP Walsh and his lady friend and we talked about the domain industry because he owns a number of domains. Even though he lives in VB now, he's from Manhattan at which time I shared with him that I own the domain SavorManhattan.com. He really couldn't believe I'd have a hard time selling that name, but when I explained to him how this sorry industry works, he understood. You know and I know how screwed up this industry is, but with "sorry" comes opportunity in my mind. Sorry you don't get it, but I'm suppose to be talking with NoDaddy about a new advanced "outbound" program they're starting. Somehow I think I have a far greater chance of working with them than I do with you....Sorry!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back