Dynadot

BrandBucket or Squadhelp?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Gary Scot

Established Member
Impact
I have domains listed at Squadhelp Premium and Brandbucket and have just had another approved for BB (haven't tried it for SH yet).
I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on which is the better service? I know Squadhelp have really upped their game recently with AI, merchandising, contests etc.

I've also found BB generally tend to price domains higher, could be just me though.

For example, one of my domains (ParcelPlace.com) was accepted by both platforms:

SH recommended listing price - $2899
BB recommended listing price - $5995-$7195

Big difference!

Any thoughts on your favourite and why?

Cheers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I have domains listed at Squadhelp Premium and Brandbucket and have just had another approved for BB (haven't tried it for SH yet).
I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on which is the better service? I know Squadhelp have really upped their game recently with AI, merchandising, contests etc.

I've also found BB generally tend to price domains higher, could be just me though.

For example, one of my domains (ParcelPlace.com) was accepted by both platforms:

SH recommended listing price - $2899
BB recommended listing price - $5995-$7195

Big difference!

Any thoughts on your favourite and why?

Cheers!
Hello woodyw

I am trying SH at the moment and found it helpful especially when submitting your domains in contests. On the other hand, I think BB has some good advertising techniques for finding leads.

So I recommend trying both platforms for 6 months each and see which one is getting better results.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with your business.

•••
Used them both at different times 6 months each

•••
Would taking taking too many names off (and with BB having to wait one month - crazy btw) and moving to another platform would result in penalisation?

•••
yes very long from BB but also SH now take longer time than before

•••
•••
I've tried both and I am using SH. Initially I built-out my white label marketplace and the great majority of my domains are "standard" - in fact I haven't even applied for many of them to be premium. I like the 7.5% commission on standard domains, the landing pages, the friction-free payment plans, and the support. Be sure to read the TOS, especially the exclusivity clauses. They invest in marketing Premium domains and they do deserve a percentage when one sells.

•••
I have strong portfolio in SH but i I have 240 premium domains .but never try stanard in sh .is it valuable and can please healingsites give us an idea about its value and some of its secrets

•••
I don’t have a large enough portfolio on Brandbucket to have a benchmark against Squadhelp, but Squadhelp’s customer service is a LOT more responsive than Brandbucket’s - enough so that it’s a deciding factor in listings for me.

•••
A big part of the value is in the White Label Marketplace that you can create with a few clicks and entering some text. They will allow payment plans and do the financing for you and their staff will help close deals. You get a great selection of graphics you can use and you can upload logos if you want to.

That said, Squadhelp is extremely complex and their main website is written for businesses that are looking for branding help. Contests can be frustrating because they won't allow you to enter many at first. I've never won one. I still don't understand their whole platform, but I focus on the parts that help me sell domains.

Last edited:
•••
I usually submit my names to Squad Help first and then submit the rejections on Brand Bucket. My names are usually approved or rejected within a few days on SH, while BB takes one month to approve names and then usually another few weeks to create the logo and make them live.

I have a higher sell-through rate on Squad Help, and I like that they are constantly testing and iterating. It sounds like they are really ramping up retargeting ads across all social platforms, according to their founder on the new DNW podcast.

•••
I never sold a domain at brand bucket when I had names there but when I moved to sh I Became a top seller :zippermouth:

there's 221k names on sh.

•••
I never sold a domain at brand bucket when I had names there but when I moved to sh I Became a top seller :zippermouth:

there's 221k names on sh.
How many names and how long were you selling on BB?

•••
What strategy you follow to sell on SH .i have 250 names premium but no sell at all

•••
What strategy you follow to sell on SH .i have 250 names premium but no sell at all
I don't really have a strategy. I just make sure the logo fits the name and occasionally submit them to contests when I remember to.

•••
How many names and how long were you selling on BB?
I don’t remember to be exact this is a few years ago with bb I wasn’t selling that many but i tested the waters the same way with sh and bb and only sh worked for me

Last edited:
•••
A big part of the value is in the White Label Marketplace that you can create with a few clicks and entering some text. They will allow payment plans and do the financing for you and their staff will help close deals. You get a great selection of graphics you can use and you can upload logos if you want to.

That said, Squadhelp is extremely complex and their main website is written for businesses that are looking for branding help. Contests can be frustrating because they won't allow you to enter many at first. I've never won one. I still don't understand their whole platform, but I focus on the parts that help me sell domains.

Can you show your white label domain page that you created using SH?

•••
I see some say use squad for 6 month and brandbucket for 6 month , how can shift althogh squad prevent that you change the nameserver of it

•••
When I peruse the 3 brandable sites (BB, SH and BrandPa), it is clear (to me) that BrandBucket has the prettiest website and interface, with SH a close 2nd. BrandPa is clearly a distant 3rd. BB has my names listed in search results, although not always near the top. One name is listed 30th in Google search the other 5th.

With the 150k names BB has, I'm surprised I ever sell any names but over the years I've sold 1/3 of my portfolio (7 of 21 names). Of course that is less than one sale per year as I've been a member for 9+ years (but with an average sale of $3,500). So all in all not too shabby.

•••
any more recent experiences?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back