Dynadot

Another Self downloading Program

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
New.net is another program that self installs it's self to your computer. I know this personally because I had problems with this specific program this morning. It's not fun doing what I had to do because I got errors on my browser and on programs in my tray. Honestly I think that no program should be able to self install it's self onto your computer and that they should be banned from happening!

If anyone has this on your computer and you are getting pop up ads on pages that shouldn't be giving them. Let me know and I can give u the directions to remove New.net from your computer. [=

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yup, I was trying to help her out with this yesterday. She was even getting popups on Google. If that isn't a sure sign...

•••
Yes you did and ty [=

I was up all night Saturday night because I had messed my computer up. When I tried to open browser I kept getting a dns error, along with programs going nuts and giving errors as soon as I would re-boot my computer. Had it not been for deadserious, I probably would still be offline, because what I had to do to fix these problems, no one wants to do, it was a pain. ]=
But the computer seems to be doing fine now. Thank you deadserious. [=

•••
I think the actual program name is newdotnet. If you downloaded any of these programs:
BearShare
Webshots
KaZaA
Go!Zilla
iMesh
Babylon
Cydoor
GDivx

Then it may be installed on your computer. New.net is a domain registration company providing registration for names like .shop, .xxx, .club and many others. They have or have had agreements with them companies to bundle the newdotnet plug- in with their software. That's how it ends up on your computer. I don't think it's really a virus or anything, but I've heard of it causing problems with alot of peoples computers.

I think you have to either have their plug-in installed on your computer or use one of their isp's or something in order to view domain names with the extensions they offer.

•••
Yes the actully program is newdotnet.

I d/l kazaa like over a year n half ago, and i checked, or unchecked the boxes that said that stuff would not be put on my computer, but yet it was still instaled with out me wanting it there and telling them no.

Well anyways after having it for about a year the newdotnet program decided to mess up. im on cable and every time i would reboot i would get a message saying i was missing some dll fille. I could not get on to the net at all, luckly i have a laptop and had phone line at that time and my dial up is free becuase its from the college, and i could get on line. One very good friend helped me find out what it was and helped me get information to get rid of it. The stuff that we did find would not work so i had to email them to get instructions to get it out of my redgistry. After waiting about a week to get there email i finaly did get the information, i did what they told me to do and it worked, kinda. If i would leave my computer on for a long time and then try to reboot it would say i had an error in my redgistry and resort back to the old one. Finally after about doing there list of things about 5 times it works fine now, but i did get really agrevated just like bobbi did.

It is frustrating when stuff goes on your computer that you do not want there and you tell them no to it in the first place. So anyone that uses kazaa to d/l stuff, go to your add remove programs and make sure you dont have anything that says newdotnet or new.net, if you do get rid of it. Kazaa will not work once you get rid of this fille though, funny how they actully have it where you can chose not to install it but it wont work with out it.

•••
That's enough to sue them if you ask me. :D Especially when you selected the option to not have it installed and they installed it anyways without your permission. Oh well it happens all the time I guess. Maybe we should round up everyone that it has affected and file a class action lawsuit lol jk. :D

•••
lol I'm sure that they wouldn't be able to pay everyone who filed suit against them for uploading programs to individuals home computers. That would be probably half the people in the world. I know that this program was way worse to get rid of than gator or bonzi buddy either one.>:(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back