Dynadot

discuss 2016 – Domain Investor Market Trends and Predictions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
The impact of the downturn in the Chinese economy has had two major effects on the domain market. First, because there has been a loss in confidence in the Chinese markets, the domain market has seen an influx in the amount of people entering the market as new investors. Most of these new investors are still in the stage of testing the market and as such aren’t necessarily looking to purchase high-end, expensive domain names.

We are seeing much more activity in the more volatile, less expensive end of the investment market. For example, 4L.com, 4L.net CHIPs, 6N.coms, 3L.orgs, etc have shown a nice jump in value.

There is less confidence in expensive names rising in value as a percentage such as 2L.com, 3L.com, 2N.com, 3N.com.

chart-2106.png

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
English is a major international language studied by many foreigners so it would seem logical that investments by Chinese into the domain industry would eventually create demand for English keyword domains - one-word .COM at first then maybe two-word .COM and one-word domains in the more popular TLDs. Will that happen in 2016 as short numerics and short LL/LLL domains get rather pricey?

•••
All the Low Risk domains are the priciest domains to acquire! They should all be grouped in the Low Reward group due to the cost to acquire them.

The High Risk domains are the cheapest to acquire and could have a higher ROI. If I'm reading the chart correctly.

There is less confidence in expensive names rising in value as a percentage such as 2L.com, 3L.com, 2N.com, 3N.com.

This is because there are only a select few that can afford these types of domains. Plus they have shot up to become the most expensive domains on the market.

English domains will always be in demand and get higher sales prices due to the number of people world wide that either speak it or can recognize and English word that is in writing.

In 2016 we will continue to see a rise in value for:
LLLL.com still some available for what is considered low risk investment. Lots of demand with a shortening amount of supply.
short numeric .com even up to 7N.com 3N and 4N are just to high priced for real liquidity. Domains with 4's will also be in the run up. They won't get left behind.
two word .com all good one word domains are long gone. They make sense for most sites.
Brandable .com with new companies coming online everyday, they will need a good brandable .com plus keywords are gone and pricey.

I'm leaving the gtld market out of this due to the registries hype, newness, and pricing being all over the place. Plus there just aren't enough sales to make any realistic predictions in that market.

•••
I believe the demand of LLLL.com domains will continue to rise....after that the combination N and L in 4L.com domains like LLLN.com and NLLL.com will also pick up.

I started investing in LLLL.com whenever I get a offer below 1000$. Also picking up LLLN and NLLL.com domains if they are valued below 100$.

•••
What is the trend of 9N.com for now

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back