IT.COM

registrars 2 Domains taken from under my feet.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

citylines

Established Member
Impact
Namecheap realized I had a bargain, so blocked it.
Whois.com took payment, 20 minutes later emailed Payment failed, domain registered all of a sudden.
Totally gutted.
Day light robbery

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Namecheap realized I had a bargain, so blocked it.
Whois.com took payment, 20 minutes later emailed Payment failed, domain registered all of a sudden.
Totally gutted.
Day light robbery
Trademark issues maybe?

•••
Sounds like registry reserved. What's the name?

•••
you mean whois shows namecheap as registrant now?

if not then what does whois.com have to do with namecheap?

Last edited:
•••
•••
go.uk and go.ink

to good to be true

•••
Hate that for you man. Those are some excellent names. Perhaps someone has clarity on how/why this happened?

EDIT:
I'm assuming you did have the funds to cover the purchase correct?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
go.ink
$6,250.00
Renewal: $6,250.00

•••
lol..... can't reg a .uk unless you own the .co.uk

•••
lol..... can't reg a .uk unless you own the .co.uk

I continue to learn new things each and every day. Seems like common sense, but I'm a little slow. lol

•••
Another ngTLD casualty AND in the case of dot INK, if you do a whois lookup direct at their site, all it says is "DOMAIN NOT FOUND" which is wholly unhelpful, at least some of the ngTLDs will show "Reserved By Registry" which IMO should be an ICANN requirement that would stop all these false hopes.

ETA: If you pick a registrar that is well-versed in ngTLDs like @AlpNames you will get the correct info - and they often have the best Premium Prices on ngTLDs as well
https://alpnames.com/

go.ink is available PREMIUM 1 year $ 6,608.00 Renews at $ 6,608.00

Last edited:
•••
Guess that resolves that one!

•••
•••
Glad yuu find it funny
It's a little funny. But you are trying to make it seem like a registrar squatted on a name you were trying to buy...

•••
•••
•••
I had 3 reg's with .ink staring at me. I can be at fasthosts one minute with nothing then Moniker with the domain for something silly $ wise.
1and1 $4.99 at .com £4.99 at .co.uk blatant rip off with no regard for currency.
One of them days I'll shut up now. :chicken:

•••
go.ink

- listed on GoDaddy for $6500
- listed on Uniregistry for $5500

I've had a similar experience. Many of NC's premium listings are correct, so it could depend on the registry they are dealing with. There is probably a lot of variation in APIs across registries which would make it tricky to cover all bases, but hey they should have it covered.

But no, if its any consolation I don't think they realised you had a bargain and blocked it. I think they had the wrong data for whatever reason.

•••
Yeh, just me being sour, as you proved a lot of inconsistency, that what gets me. There Paypal was down as well so I loaded the account with BTC, non refundable .

This cheered me up a bit.
Logo_JPG.jpg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back