Domain Empire

GoDaddy $4.19 Deal is Back!!

Spaceship
Watch
GoDaddy $4.19 Deal for Domain Names is Back!!

The Godaddy 4.19 deal is back! The original $1.99 domains with non-domain purchase ended in October, but they just opened up that deal again. Just add SMTP Relaying to your order and then apply the coupon code "David" and you'll get registration or transfer of .com/net/org/biz/info/us for only $4.19!
This is the link to SMTP Relaying: https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/products/smtp_relay.asp

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
scrsteven said:
Umm AmCY... your site just has coupon codes... those don't reduce a name to $4.19. If you register a .com at the current going rate of $6.95 special, even $2 off that is $4.95, and I doubt the $2 off code works with the $6.95 special.

I'm not following you.

SMTP relay price: $2.95 monthly.

Or are you saying that the "david" code gets you the SMTP relay for free?

AmCy

•••
I'm saying that you can register a domain name for $4.19. Steps to do this:
Order a domain name and SMTP Relaying.
In your cart, you should have both of those. The total will be $5.19.
Insert the coupon code David.
The total is now $4.19.
Checkout... then you can cancel SMTP Relaying when you log into your account if you don't want to use it or get charged the recurring monthly fee.

•••
scrsteven said:
...then you can cancel SMTP Relaying when you log into your account if you don't want to use it or get charged the recurring monthly fee.

Ahhh...OK. Well, I guess it's worth doing, as long as the cancelling of the SMTP Relaying is a simple procedure. If it's a pain to cancel, or if there's a chance that I'll get charge for the SMTP anyway, then--for me--it's not worth it.

As always, IMO.

Good post. I'm sure that members will find your technique useful. Positive REP added. :)

AmCy

•••
Thanks scrsteven!
Rep added! :)

•••
Why did they close the straight $6.95 .com promotion just 4 days after they launched it?

•••
uhh... this was posted long time ago. Rep added to rightful person who discovered it.

It was stopped....

now its back up again

Ty very much to steven for letting us know of its revival...

•••
wildbest said:
Why did they close the straight $6.95 .com promotion just 4 days after they launched it?

Probably people used the DAVID code and they ended up losing cash

•••
It's awesom the deal came back alive!

•••
SrbShooter said:
Probably people used the DAVID code and they ended up losing cash
It is hardly likely! :)
It is much easier to disable a promotional code than stopping a promotional campaign when you have promised to your customers it will be valid until end of November!

•••
The $4.19 offer is definitely back and working now....

•••
yep, great news :) Thanks mate.

•••
You're welcome. I'm so glad it's back. I had switched back to Moniker to register my names for the last few days..but now back to cheaper GD! Sam, we know it's been discussed before, but it went away, and just came back today. I thought some people here might be appreciate about hearing the good news :)

•••
cancel or turn off

scrsteven said:
Checkout... then you can cancel SMTP Relaying when you log into your account if you don't want to use it or get charged the recurring monthly fee.

Now is it better to cancel or turn off auto renew??
If you cancel are you cancelling the SMTP Relaying or the whole transaction which includes the domain registered??

jim

•••
If you cancel are you cancelling the SMTP Relaying or the whole transaction which includes the domain registered??

Nope Your Domain is fine

I tell it to cancel on rexpiration!

Your domain is not affected! :)

•••
thanks for the lowdown, just about to get one myself =)

•••
I just regged 156 domains using this. Saved me about $350. :D

•••
How long

Monolith said:
I just regged 156 domains using this. Saved me about $350. :D

How long did it take ??

jim

•••
Thanks scrsteven. Rep. Added.

•••
www.AmCy.org said:
Ahhh...OK. Well, I guess it's worth doing, as long as the cancelling of the SMTP Relaying is a simple procedure.

It's a simple procedure... have done it myself in the past and it works. :)

•••
Thanks for this useful information, rep added.

•••
Good news, thanks for telling us.

•••
jim said:
How long did it take ??

jim

well, i cheated a little bit

i used 'saveten' instead of 'david', so it worked out to like $4.45 per domain instead of $4.19. close enough, though :D

•••
scrsteven said:
I'm saying that you can register a domain name for $4.19. Steps to do this:
Order a domain name and SMTP Relaying.
In your cart, you should have both of those. The total will be $5.19.
Insert the coupon code David.
The total is now $4.19.

.....sorry for being a thicket newb, but where'll I insert coupon code David......and when I log in imm. I've reg'd, how can I get to the cancel SMTP relaying?
Thanks

•••
To cancel the Renewal of the SMTP thing, just go into your account and click on the renewing items ( at least thats what I think the menu option is off the top of my head.)

Then select the SMTP and either change it so that it doesnt automatically renew, or simply cancel it straight away. Thats what I always do. Cancel it the next day without even setting it up or using it.

Thanks for telling us about the 4.19 deal. I was on the verge of regging about 10 domains a few days ago, but decided to wait and see if Godaddy would have any new "deals", such as the 4.19 registration.

I am soooo glad I decided to wait for a few days. Will start regging the names I need tommorow.

Thanks again

Alex

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back