Domain Empire

Spaceship.com registrar thread.

Spaceship
Watch

branding

Private InvestorTop Member
Impact
I just tried Spaceship.com. They're a NameCheap brand and launched their beta. I think they rightfully deserve a thread on NP to discuss our experiences with their new registrar.

Remember, it's still in beta so do expect some glitches, work to be done... Would be cool in someone from NC would care to chip in :) @tamar

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why Spaceship is not in afternic, Sedo networks?

Last edited:
•••
Spaceship ended their $7.98 transfers... they are now at $9.66. Although they currently offer a code for $8.17 transfers (SPSCOMTR). We will see how long that code stays active.

•••
Hi,

Any update regarding SEDO MLS integration/support with Spaceship? Possible?

•••
Hi,

Any update regarding SEDO MLS integration/support with Spaceship? Possible?
I think they will focus with afternic first.

•••
Spaceship ended their $7.98 transfers... they are now at $9.66. Although they currently offer a code for $8.17 transfers (SPSCOMTR). We will see how long that code stays active.
Yeah not even a warning that it was ending. It was all very abrupt I think on May 1.

•••
I think they will focus with afternic first.
So, this is the reason why my 100+ domains from Spaceship are not appearing in GD and other domain registrar? (unless a .net or .org extension is used) Because they do not support/integrate with Sedo & Afternic network?

Last edited:
•••
So, this is the reason why my 100+ domains from Spaceship are not appearing in GD and other domain registrar? (unless a .net or .org extension is used) Because they do not support/integrate with Sedo & Afternic network?
What do you mean? I have just sold two names on Afternic that were on Spaceship.

•••
What do you mean? I have just sold two names on Afternic that were on Spaceship.
I am unable to find my domain when I search it on GoDaddy domain search. While at few other domain registrars it's there.

Also, I can't find Spaceship on the Sedo MLS list.

Obviously, domains are 60 days+ older.

I am able to find my domains at GoDaddy domain search only when I type the complete domain with tld extension. (E.g. searching *stayslim* - not appearing. add .net then I can find it with premium tag).

Last edited:
•••
Afternic FT integration still on their (upcoming) roadmap

Last edited:
•••
Just found out they don't support .ca domain transfers. It doesn't make sense why they advertise promo code and transfer rates on their site.

•••
I hate to reply and leave a bad review, but I have not had any information or updates other than "escalation" regarding my issue.

I won a sedo auction and transferred in a .us name using an auth code. No problems there. The 5 day transfer period went by and the whois information updated to Spaceship and my info, no problems. It's been about 48 hours since the domain was transferred to Spaceship and I have gotten no updates or help from the live chat, a ticket with no updates, and no other information. The domain is still listed as "pending release" from the previous registrar on their Transfer Manager.

I am super upset, because I've otherwise been having a good experience with Spaceship. This is a 3L .us that I got at a Sedo auction, and I'm definitely getting upset that I don't have any control over it. I would caution anyone doing a sedo purchase to shy away from transferring to Spaceship given the issue and the lack of resolution.

@enetwork

Last edited:
•••
I hate to reply and leave a bad review, but I have not had any information or updates other than "escalation" regarding my issue.

I won a sedo auction and transferred in a .us name using an auth code. No problems there. The 5 day transfer period went by and the whois information updated to Spaceship and my info, no problems. It's been about 48 hours since the domain was transferred to Spaceship and I have gotten no updates or help from the live chat, a ticket with no updates, and no other information. The domain is still listed as "pending release" from the previous registrar on their Transfer Manager.

I am super upset, because I've otherwise been having a good experience with Spaceship. This is a 3L .us that I got at a Sedo auction, and I'm definitely getting upset that I don't have any control over it. I would caution anyone doing a sedo purchase to shy away from transferring to Spaceship given the issue and the lack of resolution.

@enetwork
Hello! We are really sorry for the experience you had with your domain transfer to Spaceship. The matter should be fixed and the domain should be present in your account. Also, our Customer Support team should have contacted you with the compensation offer.

•••
Just found out they don't support .ca domain transfers. It doesn't make sense why they advertise promo code and transfer rates on their site.
Indeed we do not support .ca transfers at the moment, however it's soon to be enabled, it's next in line for implementation for our team. We disabled coupon and I have passed the pricing update to the team.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back