Dynadot

question Is appraisal and certification necessary for selling a domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ashish_India

Impact
I own a domian and have received an unsolicited email from an interested buyer. While the person is showing interest in the price I have quoted, is insisting that I first get a certification, trademark check etc done through domain-certificates(dot)com . To me this seems a bit odd and possibly some sort of fraud for pushing business to this site.

Request the more experienced sellers to share their views. If I have already listed the domain for listing at a site like Sedo, they do basic ownership checks before listing. Post that is it required to do further certifications / checks for selling the names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No don't do it, search appraisal scam on this forum

•••
I own a domian and have received an unsolicited email from an interested buyer. While the person is showing interest in the price I have quoted, is insisting that I first get a certification, trademark check etc done through domain-certificates(dot)com . To me this seems a bit odd and possibly some sort of fraud for pushing business to this site.

Request the more experienced sellers to share their views. If I have already listed the domain for listing at a site like Sedo, they do basic ownership checks before listing. Post that is it required to do further certifications / checks for selling the names.
Scam.

•••
•••
Thanks johname, urljunky & gilescoley. I shall ignore the email.

•••
I got this to when I first started out, guy was claiming to be a broker for some big financial investor. He wanted me to pay to appraise my own domain. I might be fresh in domaining but I aint fresh in common sense! As we say in Scotland, I told him "Ram it"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back