Dynadot

Have You Ever Been Listed As Owner of a Domain You've Never Owned?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have never used Whoxy until today. I was curious to see what it knew so I entered one of my e-mails which brought up a list of many domains including one I have never heard of: https://www.whoxy.com/satta-kingsatta.com

Which shows me as the owner on the 28th of October 2022. Yet I don't know the domain at all. It looks like it was registered through edomains and I did take ownership of a catched.com domain through edomains and Whoxy shows that the other domain was also October 28, 2022.

I also used https://osint.sh/whoishistory/ to see if it was just whoxy that made this mistake but they also show my information for this domain (though on October 26, 2022 which is the date of the e-mail showing my purchase of the other domain).

I don't know if this is an honest mistake or if I should be worried that someone is deliberately using my information for their domains.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Which shows me as the owner on the 28th of October 2022.

From DomainIQ:

There's an entry from 25 October 2022 that shows the domain had expired on 08 August 2022. That entry shows the registrant has the province of Delhi and the country of India at domain registrar GoDaddy. (This may have been a cached search from somebody who searched this domain on October 25th before it was re-registered).

Current WHOIS shows a creation date of 25 October 2022, and shows Nicholas Q. as the owner... Assuming you're Nicholas Q, but you don't own/never owned this domain, hence the madness?

-- assuming you've checked your ename account for receipts or any mentions of this domain?

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Hasn't happened to me that I'm aware of, but then again I don't think I've ever checked.

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
•••
Cannot believe I didn't know this thread existed!

•••
From DomainIQ:

There's an entry from 25 October 2022 that shows the domain had expired on 08 August 2022. That entry shows the registrant has the province of Delhi and the country of India at domain registrar GoDaddy. (This may have been a cached search from somebody who searched this domain on October 25th before it was re-registered).

Current WHOIS shows a creation date of 25 October 2022, and shows Nicholas Q. as the owner... Assuming you're Nicholas Q, but you don't own/never owned this domain, hence the madness?

-- assuming you've checked your ename account for receipts or any mentions of this domain?

Hasn't happened to me that I'm aware of, but then again I don't think I've ever checked.

Thanks for sharing!
Yep, I'm Nicholas. Never owned it, never bid on it. I don't even understand what the name means or why anyone would want it haha. I think I'll reach out to edomains and see if they can tell me anything.

•••
I get recurring expired domain notifications for a name I don't own. But it was registered to me at some point.

It's probably a good idea to check in your case.

•••
I get recurring expired domain notifications for a name I don't own. But it was registered to me at some point.

It's probably a good idea to check in your case.
Yeah I get them for domains I have sold or names I have let drop that someone else picked up. I am not as concerned about those. This domain on the other hand concerns me. I just don't get how my name got onto the other domain and I fear that edomains isn't going to give me a good answer.

I've bought a few domains through catched.com before and the first time I tried to change nameservers for one of the new domains hosted at edomains, I had to open a case because of their "Security feature" heh.

•••
Hi Nicholas, we just synced and updated the domain database. Let's see if the whois information has changed. Thank you for letting us know about this situation.
Thank you very much for using our services. Please feel free to contact us anytime.
Kind Regards
Tomas
That doesn't explain how this happened. I'm not really even sure how to respond to this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back