IT.COM

Free Crontab - remotely hosted

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
http://hostedcron.com/
Welcome to HostedCron!

We provide reliable remote cron services, 24/7/365.

A lot of CGI scripts out there require access to "crontab", the unix scheduling program, in order to perform routine updates and maintenance. Are you using such scripts, but your website host won't give you access to a crontab? Worse, is your web server running an operating system without a built-in scheduler?

We used to have this same problem and we sat down and came up with a fast, easy solution, and had it developed. HostedCron can help you with the automation that programs need most, a scheduling system that automatically runs the maintenance and cleanup scripts when you need them run, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Our system is simple to use, with a graphical user interface that even a novice will find easy to understand, and without the archaic looking lines and methods of conventional crontab schedulers.

The Best Part?

We are so confident that our system can be used by anyone that we allow you to signup for FREE to look around and make sure our service will do what you need it to do.

Signup
http://hostedcron.com/signup.php

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's paid?

Your account status is: Unpaid (cron jobs you add to your account will not be run by our system until you fund your account).

To add new cron jobs to your account, use the "Add Cron" button. You can add up to 10 cron jobs to your account, then view or edit them using the "View All" button.

•••
Wow - took me awhile to figure this one out.

This service went defunct and we grabbed the domain a few months ago and 301-ed it to one of our recent acquisitions Cronly.app

I saw the backlink from NamePros come up in Ahrefs referring domains and it took me awhile to remember we nabbed that old domain.

Cronly both schedules and / or monitors your cron jobs, integrates with Zapier, Slack, your own web hooks etc and yes, it's paid.

People overlook their cronjobs - but when they break the consequences can be far reaching (we actually ran into a problem with our most recent ICANN registrar audit because of a cronjob that broke in 2018).

We've also built in a nifty natural language tool for generating crontabs (yes, it's AI powered) - no more trying to remember which column is what...

Anyway... mystery solved.

(although as I read the original thread I realize the OP posted in "free stuff". With cronly, you can monitor your web cert expiries for free)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back