IT.COM

Going to start an Affiliate Network / CPA Network

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sakura

NamePros Eliteâ„¢VIP Member
Impact
Hey guys,

I'm going to start an Affiliate Network Company aka CPA network site, and I'm just wondering what things I need to know before I start. I have an ebook about Guide to Buildling a Affiliate Company, but before I do, I want to hear from you guys.

By the way, If you want to join , pm me, I'm interested to see some Partners for this company and hope to kick it up.:kickass:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I really hope you're not attempting this just from reading an ebook! What's your background? Do you have experience as a successful affiliate? As an affiliate manager? What are your plans for combating fraud in your network? Do you have a business plan?

You'll get better advice on this someplace like abestweb than you will in a domaining forum.

•••
Yes a good background is always nice.. also you gotta get close to the companies who are selling the products.. if not you are pretty much up against a brick wall... if you have some decent capital you will be AOK...

•••
Hope you don't mind me raining on your parade - but I have over 6 years as an affiliate manager and affiliate management consultant and I would not try to start a network if someone handed me a million dollars to do it.

I was involved in helping a company with a large highly experienced staff try to start a network and they just could not pull it off.

One of the biggest problems is the chicken vs the egg. You can't get lots of affiliates until you have a wide variety of good offers. BUT you can't get lots of advertisers to give you offers until you have lots of affiliates. It's really hard to get started and takes a BIG marketing budget!

•••
Yeah, I understand where you guys are coming from this. This is why I've been researching and planning some techniques to get this going.

Hopefully, If I do get both advertisers and affiliates, I will be able to maintain that ratio.

•••
As an owner of 2 big affiliate networks in the past I am glad to be out of that profession...
Will never do it again... ever, ever, ever!

What Linda said and there is also the policing issue too. Fraud (yes, it does exist with cpa!), affiliate complaints, advertiser complaints, acting as a judge between the two parties, etc...

Here's a better idea than starting a CPA Network:

1. Get all the money you have.
2. Put it in a big or small pile, depending how much you have.
3. Light a match and set on fire.

There, now you did all you would do with starting an affiliate network but without all the headaches and hassles.

•••
LOL dreamscape!

Good to know someone can relate to what I was saying. Sorry you had to go through all the headaches though!

•••
So Starting an affiliate ain't such a good idea is it?

•••
So Starting an affiliate ain't such a good idea is it?
Exactly , why try to compete with companies the size of existing aff. Networks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back