Dynadot

BrandBucket makes you wait 30 days to remove domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
After watching the quality of BB domains go downhill over the last year or so and seeing that they have totally diluted their marketplace with low quality domains I have decided to remove mine from their marketplace.

You're not able to manually remove them from your user panel, but have to send in an email request.

The reply:

"Please be aware that per our Terms of Service, we will remove your names 30 days after you notified us. At that point you will be free to list the names on other marketplaces."

Do you think it is reasonable for them to have you wait 30 days before a domain is removed and able to be relisted elsewhere?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just change nameservers / remove forwarding, wait week or so, and names will get delisted. After that, there is no way buyer can find your domain on their site, except typing full url. Then it's safe to list elsewhere.

That 30 day wait is ridiculous. You can't make a sale in a year, like you are going to sell a name in next 30 days. Otherwise, I would be delisting / relisting all the time. One sale every 30 days. Fantastic!

•••
Do you think it is reasonable for them to have you wait 30 days?
Maybe it's unreasonable, but you have agreed to this unreasonable term when listed the domain.

•••
Maybe it's unreasonable, but you have agreed to this unreasonable term when listed the domain.

Agreed. I think it's fair for them to have some time to wrap up any sales that they may be negotiating on your behalf. IMO, this is intended to prevent sellers from cutting BB out of the sale by from selling to those who contact VIA WHOIS of any marketing done on your behalf. The 30 day notice seems necessary for any marketplace requiring exclusivity.

My issue with their removal system: It's understood, the logo's are BrandBucket's property and you can't reuse them when you leave, yes?

So, the logo fee's covered the description fee and tags, yes? Can we re-use them if we decide to list the domains on our next marketplace? MOST if not ALL major marketplaces discount and/or eliminate listing fees for well written descriptions and logos. Some of us spent our valuable time writing rough drafts to the descriptions that BrandBucket refined with their ridiculous $10 listing fee.

The problem being, after the 30 days is up (for me it was a few days after 30) these listings are no longer in your account, not even in the Removed section.. I have mistakenly submitted a domain I didn't own, and they happily moved this domain to the removed section. I own Qornet and Qomets, not Qomet lol.

upload_2016-5-15_16-28-32.png

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back