Dynadot

Thanks to Epik

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
As politely as it might possibly be understated, ANYONE anticipating a decision from Richard Kirkendall that's beneficial to domainers and domainists is not clear-minded or objective. Some folks are this, some folks are that, yet the bottom line is that there are only good people and bad people, as I see it. It's inexplicable that people often seem to confuse which group Namecheap CEO belong in. #smh

On this subject, I don't often promote registrars as I've had issues with several of them over the years, but I've come across something at Epik that I haven't really heard much talk about, and it is truly the best thing I've ever seen in the domain industry.

Out of the blue, they started sending me money for domains that I let expire. Every domain I let expire automatically goes to DomainLiquidate.com. If someone buys it there, I get 91% of the proceeds.

In the last 5 months, a total of 115 domains that I was dropping intentionally sold for $2,713 after the 9% fee. Not a huge amount, but the most honorable thing I've seen by a registrar. As domain owners you should demand nothing less than this from all registrars.

Have you seen anything less than pilfering from your current registrar? Most registrars would just pocket all $2,713 for themselves after selling off YOUR assets.

So a huge thanks to Epik for taking things in the right direction for domain investors and business owners.

And this is from someone who had about 4-5 domain stolen by Rob at Epik under the old ownership. So I was reluctant to have anything to do with Epik going forward, but the new owner has seemed to take things in a commendable direction.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So a huge thanks to Epik for taking things in the right direction for domain investors and business owners.

And this is from someone who had about 4-5 domain stolen by Rob at Epik under the old ownership. So I was reluctant to have anything to do with Epik going forward, but the new owner has seemed to take things in a commendable direction.

Epik is now part of a larger business that helps individuals and business entities maintain their intellectual property. So our first priority is focused on that, not making money from dropping domains at the expense of our clients. We have one product group dedicated to refinements and development of Epik for our customer base and one for domain investors. It's obviously been slow going as Epik was quite a dumpster fire when we bought it. Hopefully we'll pick up more momentum. We're glad to be in a position where we don't need to take advantage of registrants for our model to work. And we're glad to see that you like what we're doing and wish you the best of luck in your domain investing. We're here to help.

•••
Out of the blue, they started sending me money for domains that I let expire. Every domain I let expire automatically goes to DomainLiquidate.com. If someone buys it there, I get 91% of the proceeds.

I think you meant NameLiquidate.com.

For those wondering if NameLiquidate.com accepts non-Epik registered domains like before, the current answer appears to be No.

• Only domains registered with Epik can be listed (external domains aren’t eligible).
  • Your domains must have more than 15 days before expiration.
  • Other FAQ

Last edited:
•••
I dont want NameLiquidate to list non-epik domains and i dont even use NameLiquidate.

For simplicity’s sake, it makes everything easier. Also, it avoids common transfer problems.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back