NameSilo

discuss Sedo vs Afternic vs Epik

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lknights1987

Established Member
Impact
Which one is best for listing domains? I am new to selling domains and have over 50 domains that I listed on all of these sites yesterday.

Also is there a way of copying a link to each individual domain that I am selling rather than the standard portfolio link? I want to promote the listings on my Facebook page.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
there's only 1 way: copy & paste all details on each site you would like to sell on, this is I'm doing

•••
Pick one of the 3 options you mentioned, and use their nameservers. Now, when you visit your domain or share it to FB, it'll show a listing for that specific domain instead of your portfolio.

Also, for your first question, you can make a spreadsheet with price info etc and I'm pretty sure all of those services will play nicely with a bulk import of names.

•••
There is no best site. Each person's ''best site'' is usually the one that gets them sales.

Also is there a way of copying a link to each individual domain that I am selling rather than the standard portfolio link? I want to promote the listings on my Facebook page.

This is usually not needed, as they want you to use their nameservers or forwarding, to redirect to the marketplace :)

•••
Ok thanks all for your comments. I had all nameservers set up for each domain and wasn't getting a proper landing page. I've just stuck with one nameserver now for Sedo.com so now all my domains go to a make offer page like my domain tv.services that I'm selling.

•••
actually I have just checked that domain tv.services and for some reason the landing page doesn't show sedo landing page even though the nameservers are only pointing to sedo.

5GNetwork.Live is another of my domains that I'm selling and this one goes to a landing page. I'm a bit confused now why the first one doesn't work

•••
Try clearing your cache or through an incognito window. It shows up fine.

•••
I use all 3. Better to get the most exposure. Generally its recommended to nly provide a BIN on one marketplace to avoid a double sale. I choose to use Epik for the landing page because of those 3 they have the lowest commission (9%) so no sense in paying extra for a sale based on my domains traffic I figure.

•••
send the traffic to DAN.com
and list the domains at all 4 places

•••
•••
Does it really work well in this way ?

•••
•••
Which one is best for listing domains?

I've got my names listed at all 3 places (4 if you count the one mentioned above).

The vast majority of sales have come thru the Epik platform regardless of where the names were pointed (I've tested it on a rotating basis for years).

The bottom line is list the names everywhere but only have a BIN at one location...all others should be make offer.

•••
I've got my names listed at all 3 places (4 if you count the one mentioned above).

The vast majority of sales have come thru the Epik platform regardless of where the names were pointed (I've tested it on a rotating basis for years).

The bottom line is list the names everywhere but only have a BIN at one location...all others should be make offer.
i guess i will follow as you do, thank you for your reply

•••
My registrar is namecheap and i sell my each domain in a different platform, am i doing wrong ?

thats the way to do it

list it everywhere

•••

Mister Funsky,
Why do you think the best way is to have a BIN only in one location (not on all of them) and what do you think what is the best location to show BIN prices?
Is your opinion based on your sales success experience or some other reason?
Thnk You for advice in advance.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back