meaningful and descriptive domain name extensions, available
for purchase at www.registerfly.com.

Great domain names under memorable extensions such as
.family, .shop, .travel, and dozens more are available for
immediate purchase at an introductory price of $10.99 per
year -- the lowest rate available anywhere on the Internet
for New.net names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
in a few more weeks they should be a dime a dozen :)
when they have to start giving away free decals when you register you know there is a problem

(Taken from new.net) FREE .travel car decal to drive traffic to your web site!
in other words here slap this sticker on your car and you will drive traffic to your site and attempt to make new net popular
thats just my opinion , reg fly could sell them for .50 and i still wouldnt buy now maybe a few months ago when i knew nothing i would have but not now i wont

•••
Also check out the steadily-dropping usage stats at Alexa, which groups all new.net subdomains under one entry:

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/t...um&compare_sites=&url=http://www.new.net/#top

Note that the average visitor sees about two pages per session, which means that they end up on a new.net website, click once, then leave. Compare this to our beloved NamePros, which averages 20+ pages per session.

Its fascinating that NamePros and New.net are ranked about the same at 4,595 and 4,544, respectively. This means that NamePros is about as popular as ALL the new.net subdomains combined!

Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by armstrong
Note that the average visitor sees about two pages per session, which means that they end up on a new.net website, click once, then leave. Compare this to our beloved NamePros, which averages 20+ pages per session.

Agreed, a site like namepros is substantially "stickier" than a site such as new.net. People will view more pages and revisit more often than a conventional website.

•••
Making up fake domain extensions is really annoying.

•••
Also, NamePros has a larger user base of alexa users and its rankings are far higher than the actual traffic would compare to most sites in that range. So I dont know if that statement about namepros having more visitors is accurate.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back