Dynadot

Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I suggest a new thread titled Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here. Then we can all list our issues so Afternic have to fix them. These Afternic probs have been repeatedly flagged up across numerous threads on here over a period of time, including the need for 2FA. Godaddy own Afternic and have the resources and motivation to fix it - this risky mess is unacceptable and reflects badly on their brand.

For info, Afternic keep reverting some of my domains to "In Review" status for no reason, and I only know that if I log in there to check on them. Until I then ask support to take them out of Review they are not listed for sale and will not sell at Afternic.

@Joe Styler When can we expect Godaddy to take action on Afternic, including implementing 2FA?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why I keep getting multiple opt in emails for xyz domains expired or expiring?
@Arca posted here. Miss ya bro. I remember issues you had, joe joe styler saying your only one having this problem so to bad and you vanished. Over 5 years now.

•••
THIS IS FKD
I renewed my domain at GD. Now i want to transfer it out 60 days after renewal... here's what's happening:
1710805833089.png

WHY IS THEIR TRANSFER LOCK 1 YEAR NOW???????

•••
Maybe not the right thread, but I wanted to throw a positive shout out to Erik at Afternic. He brokered a domain last week for me. My asking price was 2488, a price I felt was already pretty aggressive. Buyer offered $1500
I told Eric I needed to NET $1500 which means at least $1875ish.

Eric closed it for me at $2248 and I netted almost 1800

Good job Afternic!
Another shout-out to Eric M. at Afternic. Handled a deal and got me what I needed. Thanks.

•••
I hadn't looked at Afternic in a while but today I discovered that all the domains I added last week, are still sitting in the "In Review" area. A lot of words, places, names, popular terms, animals, etc. - absolutely nothing that would send off alarm bells, but still they sit.

This "Domain Hold" crap at Afternic is becoming very problematic, as while the domains are "In Review" they are a) not for sale on Afternic and b) not viewable on GD search, so therefore will not see any buyer activity.

How long does it take for these domains to be "reviewed"?

@GoDaddy

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back