IT.COM

Porkbun Marketplace didn't pay when my domains got sold (Update: PayPal problem)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any more details?

How long have you been waiting for payment since PB received the money from the buyer?

How much are we talking?

Have you got in contact with PB customer service?

•••
Any more details?

How long have you been waiting for payment since PB received the money from the buyer?

How much are we talking?

Have you got in contact with PB customer service?
My domain sold on 30 Jan 2024 now May , They just keep saying "We are receiving a failed payment error when we attempt to payout to your PayPal account" this is impossible because I got paid from others without any issues.

It s not big amount, because I wanted to test selling just xxx-xxxx price range domain just to make sure everything go well, and bingo.. never on my high value domains

•••
Well 5 months is a long time to be allowing this one to be in what is a 'Pending Payment' status. On the positive side at least PB acknowledge your owed the payment. Lets not forget whenever you enter your Paypal details into an account service your details are unique to just that one payer, It's very easy to miss a space or vary a small detail that doesn't match. Done it myself many times.

It also sounds like you've not been particularly bothered about chasing this. Go back to basics and check the exact details as per your Paypal account. Spaces, Capitalizations etc they all matter. Sometimes you'll be surprised at just how a tiny variance can cause a payment to reject. Also Paypal will have records of why the payment failed. Check you details then email or phone them.

•••
Agree with @BaileyUK check the details are correct. Is there another payment method you could try? Bank transfer?

•••
Not sure why nobody has tagged @Porkbun yet.

They're active and responsive on namePros.

•••
Can you DM me your Porkbun username or email?

•••
•••
Anyone got the same problems?
No, I hope I could help you - but that's the reason why I do not trade that much with those price-dumpers, even though some of them are subsidiaries of Namecheap (Spaceship).
Trying fancy business models with low margins, but in the end, due to brand separation, has no impact on the other ones.
My humble opinion.
Im just a simple guy.

•••
No, I hope I could help you - but that's the reason why I do not trade that much with those price-dumpers, even though some of them are subsidiaries of Namecheap (Spaceship).
Trying fancy business models with low margins, but in the end, due to brand separation, has no impact on the other ones.
My humble opinion.
Im just a simple guy.

Are you suggesting PorkBun is just a price-dumper?

For being such a small bun, they consistently rank high for namePros registrar of the year:

2020: #6
2021: #4
2022: #5
2023: #5

Personally, I prefer PorkBun > NameCheap. But that could just be due to the bun having better pricing, a better UI, and top notch support.

•••
Honestly, I respect you - probably a bit of feelings for you.
But I can only say something about ranking and comparison to GD if I check the balance sheet.

Before having a look at it, I would say things without foundation.

I'm not suggesting it, but I see that they always use NameCheap when building their Assets.

I don't care about GoDaddy, but paying $26$ for a renewal ( AND NO, I DON'T BUY THIS DOMAIN CLUB, as I always get asked) is just far from reality.

if I check their financial I can say more about this, but tbh. they are popped out of nothing, pricedumping equals selling Domains for a price of 3 Cheeseburger.

Of course, they are better when it comes to UX, innovative features, etc., because they just started at a time when things were easier to dock on with APIs and old architectures, and they had to spend a lot of money to change their whole IT landscape. Experts / Seniors like Paul will definitely confirm this.

It's just a brand strategy to have a "cheaper" version of NameCheap (which is not bad), but I have not checked their balance sheets, etc; I'm not there too much.

Im also deep in SAV; I never had any touchpoints with support, but as I heard, they are, let's say - not that responsive.

Selling cheap Domains also means that you have in other areas of business.

zotix

•••
•••
You got my DM?
Yes, looks like our support team has already been on this with you for some time and actively responding. We just sent you an alternative method for payout, hopefully that can help resolve this and get you your money!

•••
**Update**

I just found out that the problem caused by PayPal, as they won't accept mass payout from the company which started this policy since Q4 of last year.

I also am amazed by the support from @Porkbun that trying their best to solve this, as they directly offer to pay in another method, I hope I ll get my money soon.

Thank you for all the comments and suggestions, you guys are amazing!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back