NameSilo

question How many of you still list your domains on SEDO?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dncafe

I Buy WebsitesTop Member
Impact
Over the years I have listed fewer domains on SEDO, as it becomes a hassle verifying and listing on there.

Do you find it's still worth it to list on SEDO for the extra exposure?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Only ever sold 2 domains on Sedo since 2016. Still list them there, maybe just out of habit.

•••
I've stopped listing. Never sold a single domain there.

•••
I list all there but they’re a very small percentage of sales so far.

With proper txt record setup it’s a minor inconvenience for the extra distribution and backup plan against the big G.

•••
I’ve never sold a .com at Sedo, but many ccTLDs yes. Actually no point in listing many of them on Afternic.

Last edited:
•••
sedo for most sells little. including me. its entirely up to each person if they find reward enuf to be worth the dns change bother to list. my 10yrs there I'd approximate sales of 1k per year. not much but not nothing. The key in domains is always the more exposure the better.. if u got zero names there list them all once. but I don't go crazy wasting my time updating sedo with new names more than maybe once per yr.. or twice. gl

•••
Most of my sales 25ish years are direct from my own sales sites or my own various landing pages I've used as that's where I point them. Occasional sale from Afternic, Sedo, etc... but since I don't generally point to third parties with high commissions they are all the minority of my sales. I prefer a sale from Sedo over Afternic as I've literally pushed a domain and wire in the bank next day quite a few times where Afternic seems to be not as quick. Majority of my sales are direct but if I had a choice of where the third party ones come from I'd pick Sedo all day long over Afternic as my interactions with them is that they operate professionally and pay quick. Afternic/GoDaddy I feel like there is a disconnect between departments and payments not as quick consistently anyway. Wherever the third party sales come from is fine as a sales a sale but I'd rather deal with Sedo over Afternic any day of the week. I'm just annoyed by Afternic/GoDaddy as this point though so. :ROFL: Less $ to Afternic the better or we'll be kissing Atom goodbye next like Uniregistry and Dan.

•••
Never had a single enquiry in 10 years. Verification was a pain so ended up not bothering a lot of the time now. Dynadot has made it a whole lot easier though. By signing in through you Dynadot account you can list domains at Sedo and Afternic straight from your Dynadot dashboard without the need to verify in other ways (names registered at Dynadot).

Last edited:
•••
Never had a single enquiry in 10 years. Verification was a pain so ended up not bothering a lot of the time now. Dynadot has made it a whole lot easier though. By signing in through you Dynadot account you can list domains at Sedo and Afternic straight from your Dynadot dashboard without the need to verify in other ways (names registered at Dynadot).

u mean dyna names can go direct on sedo market.. or it's about that sedo MLS thing for dyna bin names only?

•••
u mean dyna names can go direct on sedo market.. or it's about that sedo MLS thing for dyna bin names only?
You can add your names directly to Sedo through Dynadot without needing to do any verification checks.

•••
Do you find it's still worth it to list on SEDO
Hi

Yes,

best way to get them listed is, change NS to sedo first, then add them to the platform.
been using them since 2004 and never had a listing problem.

imo...

•••
Hi

Yes,

best way to get them listed is, change NS to sedo first, then add them to the platform.
been using them since 2004 and never had a listing problem.

imo...
This never works for me and I mean NEVER. Also adding TXT records rarely worked. The only way I used to be able to add domains was to take a screen shot of the domains in my registrar account and send it to Sedo CS to get them to add them for me. Seems its different experiences for different people I guess.

•••
You can add your names directly to Sedo through Dynadot without needing to do any verification checks.

does it go on sedo MLS?

•••
•••
I do but no sales and not even clicks.

•••
not too familiar with sedo. does sedo mls also include the actual sedo market? also dont u need bin prices to get on mls?

•••
For extra exposure i think nothing wrong to list it there. I used them during the PPC era( 4-5 year ago) and they worked well. But for selling domains, not a single one. I did get some lowball offers, though.
Also sedo txt Domain verification system is horrible imo. name can stuck for a week to verify.

•••
This never works for me and I mean NEVER. Also adding TXT records rarely worked. The only way I used to be able to add domains was to take a screen shot of the domains in my registrar account and send it to Sedo CS to get them to add them for me. Seems its different experiences for different people I guess.

Depends on your registrar and how fast their NS update.

Porkbun, Dynadot, and Godaddy all update fast for me and no issues with verification.

Namecheap, spaceship, and a few others can take a while.

•••
•••
After registering or buying a domain, I always list it on Sedo then on other marketplaces. It's habit. I change nameservers to Sedo after adding domain to Sedo.

Regarding sales, I sold there my 2 domains, in TLDs: .TODAY & .INFO

•••

Porkbun, Dynadot, and Godaddy all update fast for me and no issues with verification.

I use Dynadot. No need for verification now since my Dynadot and Sedo accounts are linked I can just add from the dashboard but it was a struggle before that for me at least.

•••
•••

Namecheap menus to change DNS and nameservers aren't obvious. The TTL for the Sedo landing page seems longer than normal.

A point to consider is, which registrar do you consider your primary marketplace? I use Sedo mostly due to the ease of domain management. I've listed on GoDaddy, Afternic, and Dan. My landing page views on the 3 of them combined are less than one week of views from Sedo.

•••
I always list my domains at Sedo because I think that it is important too in terms of visibility to sell them and I like to have great exposure to the domains that I am trying to sell.

I don't usually have many problems listing my domains there. I always change the nameservers of the domains to theirs first and then adding the domains they are all accepted or sometimes some of them require an additional verification. But in these cases then when I make the TXT verification those domains are usually accepted with no problems.

So I think that Sedo nowadays isn't so important to sell the domains as it was years ago but I still continue to list there the domains that I want to sell because I think that that extra exposure has some importance too.

•••
Do features like ''Offer Views'' and ''Uniques" on Sedo have any weightage to decide the value of a domain in terms of Pricing and Renewal.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back