Dynadot

First sale need advice

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dorkvader25

Impact
So, I purchased a few domain names a while back. One of them is related to a current presidential candidate. I woke up to an email from a well-known domain registrar website. It was a broker wanting to negotiate a deal; they initially offered a few hundred dollars. I counted back; I was not interested. Now, the offer is a few thousand.

Should I keep going for more? Should I auction it off? At what point should I accept the offer? Now that this candidate is front and center, the domain is starting to get more traffic.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
•••
Everyone here is going to tell you the same the same thing... Answer = unknown if the domain name is unknown

You might want to get the advice of some Pros via DM or maybe consult with somebody with some experience selling political domains such as @CoalToNewCastle

Citing a recent post for @CoalToNewCastle: https://www.namepros.com/threads/timely-domains-display-and-explain.1326801/page-7#post-9214402
They DMed me thanks to your advice and I told them to take the offer.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks for the advice and quick response. I ended up getting $1500 for it, I'll post the TLD after the sale is completed. Buyer paid all the fees I was only into it for the $12 registration fees, maybe $48 or so if that.

I'm happy with it, wouldn't have made money from it any other way.

•••
Thanks for the advice and quick response. I ended up getting $1500 for it, I'll post the TLD after the sale is completed. Buyer paid all the fees I was only into it for the $12 registration fees, maybe $48 or so if that.

dude relax tld is just extension.. nobody gives crap if u post that ... cheers

•••

Congrats on your sale!

dude relax tld is just extension.. nobody gives crap if u post that ... cheers

I think what @alcy is trying so say on behalf of the rest of us translates to we are all eager to learn as much details of this sale as possible. TLD's without the name itself doesn't help much as the name itself.

Consider posting it in this thread for everybody following along from home, or if you want lots of likes post in the report completed domain sales thread.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back