domains Debounce.com sells for $140K at CryptoExchange.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
:heavy_check_mark: TheDomains.com
:heavy_check_mark: TLDInvestors.com
Impact
It looks like the domain name Debounce.com sold for $140,000 at CryptoExchange.com. The domain name was registered in 2004. Registered in 22 extensions according to DotDB.com. The domain name was paid for in USDT (ERC-20). It looks the domain name has moved to 1api.net and the transfer just completed so the buyer has to verify […]
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
what a terrible name.
I was surprised it was taken in 22 extensions. There is a developed website at Debounce.io they own the .org too as it redirects to the .io.

•••
There is a developed website at Debounce.io they own the .org too as it redirects to the .io.
I see. For that company, DeBounce, the name actually makes a lot of sense.

Don't let bounce, disposable, spam-trap and deactivated emails decrease your sending reputation, waste your time and money. 30% of emails go bad in just one year. If over 10% of your emails are bad, then less than 44% are delivered. Use a bulk email verification tool to eliminate any bad emails.

•••
I see. For that company, DeBounce, the name actually makes a lot of sense.

Don't let bounce, disposable, spam-trap and deactivated emails decrease your sending reputation, waste your time and money. 30% of emails go bad in just one year. If over 10% of your emails are bad, then less than 44% are delivered. Use a bulk email verification tool to eliminate any bad emails.

in that case they should have picked something prettier that makes no sense. this name is even uglier than me

scary

•••
Debounce is a common programming term.

4000 results on github.

The .io guys are using for an email validation service to stop emails bouncing which makes sense as a brandable.

•••

4000 results on github.

The .io guys are using for an email validation service to stop emails bouncing which makes sense as a brandable.

he means debug?

•••
In summary, ensure you consult alcy prior to any domain acquisitions.

•••
Another thing. Has it ever been researched whether domain sales via sites such as CryptoExchange yield more, compared to the usual domain marketplace platforms, simply because there is a lot of money involved and available in the crypto scene?

Last edited:
•••

4000 results on github.

That's what I thought when I saw it sold, programming. It will be interesting to see who bought it, I don't think the .io peeps would pay that much, the .io works for them.

•••
•••
I wonder how many will confuse this
with

the bounce

probably everyone

•••
Another thing. Has it ever been researched whether domain sales via sites such as CryptoExchange yield more, compared to the usual domain marketplace platforms, simply because there is a lot of money involved and available in the crypto scene?

My guess would be yes especially if they accept crypto payments. I’m on mobile and can’t be bothered checking 😂

•••
It was mine for about two months and I had full control over it before someone from 'old Epik' decided to 'promptly' take it back. There were even a couple of leads on Afternic at the time, lol.

Opera Snapshot_2024-08-27_200235_mail.google.com.png

•••
It was mine for about two months and I had full control over it before someone from 'old Epik' decided to 'promptly' take it back. There were even a couple of leads on Afternic at the time, lol.

Show attachment 261714
That's an interesting twist. Thanks for sharing.

•••

Show attachment 261714

Wow... You have a legal case that's now worth pursuing because of the $$$ involved.

•••

Show attachment 261714
Wow, I guess by the name you're Italian btw lol

Last edited:
•••
It was mine for about two months and I had full control over it before someone from 'old Epik' decided to 'promptly' take it back.
It's basically the same story as described by @bmugford in this thread:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/ep...oved-from-account-without-permission.1282400/

This is exactly why I'm now deeply involved in the GoDaddy disappearing domains issue—to ensure registrants don't face this problem again. While GoDaddy’s intentions may likely differ from Epik's, the outcome of disappearing domain assets from customer accounts is very similar and can have significant consequences.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/a-...r-domains-registered-through-godaddy.1333250/

•••
Wow... You have a legal case that's now worth pursuing because of the $$$ involved.

Because of this? Between stealing the proceeds of sales made through their 'escrow service' and then trying to settle by offering me 5%, I think this is the least of the offenses.

royce.jpg

•••
Just out of curiosity, and only if you're comfortable sharing, how much did you pay for the domain at the time?

•••
Just out of curiosity, and only if you're comfortable sharing, how much did you pay for the domain at the time?

In NameLiquidate the maximum is 998 USD so probably something like that, but that's the funny part since I only used the in-store credits they forcefully added to my account instead of paying for the escrow sales.

All of this, of course, before the "old Epik" made those credits disappear too (likely to deceive the "new Epik" about the total amount owed, since the sales contract included repaying those with in-store credits first), transferring them to the new Masterbucks LLC, which was excluded from the sale and didn’t even exist at the time of the escrow transactions, and then shutting it down at the end of last year with all the associated debts.

•••
he means debug?
no, in a programming context, debouncing means reducing the number of times a process is allowed to complete in order to avoid overload or increase performance

Last edited:
•••
Interesting to see the term used for different purposes, I wonder what the .com will cover. The *ing in king (not mine) was registered much recently, in June last year.

In the IoT field, or any user interfaced electronics actually, a developer will have to implement debouncing at some point. Here's an explanation from 20 years ago, https://www.ganssle.com/debouncing.htm
When a single remote press causes the tube to jump two channels, we developers know lousy debounce code is at fault. The FM radio on my sailboat has a tuning button that advances too far when I hit it hard. The usual suspect: bounce.​
When the contacts of any mechanical switch bang together they rebound a bit before settling, causing bounce. Debouncing, of course, is the process of removing the bounces, of converting the brutish realities of the analog world into pristine ones and zeros. Both hardware and software solutions exist, though by far the most common are those done in a snippet of code.​

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back